Oil Leak - Cam sensors? 03 LS V8

Sorry to bump an old thread.

We recently replaced the secondary timing chain tensioners but our kit did not come with this seal for the VCT solenoid.

Now it is leaking on passenger side.

Does the valve cover need to come off to replace or can I get away with it without removing the valve cover?

VC's do not need to come off in order to change out the VCT seals, just disconnect the connectors, no need to remove the solenoids either. Use an angled pick and pry the old seal straight up. Take note of its orientation, there is a flange on the top side IIRC, press the new seal straight down. Helps if you have a short piece of pipe same diameter. Use a rubber mallet to tap it down evenly. Reconnect the connector. Keep an eye on it for next few days, check for any further oil sweating around seal. Make sure it's seated all the way to the bottom, should appear flush.

Last edited:
Qty x2

2W9Z-6A545-AA - TascaParts.com (on sale right now)

vct02.jpg

vct01.jpg

~ sorry, no pics of in progress nor completed.

Thanks for the help man! The part# on the bag in your pic matches with the part# I ordered off Amazon. Thanks!

I just responded to my other thread. Please review my post and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again, RigsLS!

(your Amazon link doesn't show up, new forum software keeps on doing silly things)...

I thought this too, but as it turns out it does, as long as you aren't using an ad blocker (and who doesn't?).

Ah, odd that it would hide a simple link to Amazon. I do indeed use AdBlock as well as modified Windows HOST file.

I think that the forum software converts the links that it recognizes into ads, so that the forum probably gets something for each click.

Not critical at all. It just makes a little mess.

Would an oil leak there effect acceleration at WOT? My LS is leaking oil from the driver side hydraulic solenoid valve and at WOT it will rev and accelerate alittle at first and then goes to the proper wide open throttle response. No other issues except for the oil leak at that valve.

Would an oil leak there effect acceleration at WOT? My LS is leaking oil from the driver side hydraulic solenoid valve and at WOT it will rev and accelerate alittle at first and then goes to the proper wide open throttle response. No other issues except for the oil leak at that valve.

Nope.

Members online

No members online now.
Back