Oil filter size

g4rgoyle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey went to see about oil filter and there are 2, PH5618 for non oil cooler and PH9010 with, well mine has the oil cooler. Has anybody tried to put the one without oil cooler on one with. I know i read it some where but can't find it now. It is also crazy one is $11.00 with and the one is $22.00 without.

Just wanted to know if the treading was different, or if the hole was different size. For i would rather put the longer filter on, being more filter. First oil change for me on this car, and just wanted to know if it is possiable.

The part numbers you gave look like Fram, I would try another brand of oil filter, do a search on Fram, a lot has been written. I'm sure the hole and thread are the same it is the length of the filter that differs and I don't think that matters.

ok just i will go with the one without, now just trying to find where i can buy without using a fram one thats all i have been able to find is fram. As for a motorcraft i have read that there guts are made for them by fram.

Try this one.

41Q0w8Qth7L._SS500_.jpg

As for a motorcraft i have read that there guts are made for them by fram.

No true, use anything but Fram especially if you plan on using a synthetic or synthetic blend. If you are spending good money on oil use a good filter. I would only use Fram if I was using regular oil and changing it every 3K miles and even then it is a bit of waste of money and not environmentally green.

There are a lot of other filters available for about the same money

Yeah was thinking on that K&N filter have to see if there stock it at performance improvements. Up here we don't have as many place to look at as you. We have perfomance improvements, Canadian tire, Part Source kinda like i would say Pep Boys or Auto Zone for you guys and car care product from Wal-mart. Oh and your jobbers. Oh and of course the stealship. Well K&N filter are alot cheaper 17.99 each or buy one get one for half price basically 13.00 each i think i will do that. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
don't know what shipping will be to the Great White North but I paid $6 and change for genuine Motorcraft at...

Rock Auto

Just got quoted by my parts guy he can get the 5618 for five bucks the triple gaurd ones, so at that price i use one. As for fram i not much for them either, but at five bucks cash no tax don't seem bad.

I bought a couple of K&N from a vendor here, forgot who, they are some heavy solid filters. The nut on the end to get them off is cool too.

Members online

Back