Oil down in the spark plug wells

I'm sure there is a difference between "wanting" to change something and "needing" to change something when it comes to warranty.

You cant just go to the dealer and say to change them because they are under warranty if they aren't bad yet.

I just did that. Only 2 of mine were bad and they changed them all including the plugs.

I just did that. Only 2 of mine were bad and they changed them all including the plugs.

Then you found a special dealer who doesn't follow protocol. They are supposed to stress test each coil to determine which ones are bad. The ones that show as failing are replaced as well as the spark plug for that cylinder.

Then you found a special dealer who doesn't follow protocol. They are supposed to stress test each coil to determine which ones are bad. The ones that show as failing are replace as well as the spark plug for that cylinder.

Guess its just my luck.

yeah, but i found it didn't I.. we would have been lost without it... you ever find a way to seal your filler tube?...mines leaking too now... I think you swapped them out when i wasn't looking:shifty:

yeah, but i found it didn't I.. we would have been lost without it... you ever find a way to seal your filler tube?...mines leaking too now... I think you swapped them out when i wasn't looking:shifty:

JB Weld....oh yeah. I'm going to use JB Weld on my tires when they wear out too.

My mechanic over at Landmark Lincoln says I have oil down in the spark plug wells and that it will cost about $700 to fix it. He says he will reseal something, (don't know), but I was wondering how big of a job this is really?

How many of you have done this? I have a 2004 LS V8 and I know this has been a problem with the car. I was thinking that maybe I can get a buddy (who's a mechanic) and we could do this. If it's just replacing valve cover and other gaskets, then why not?

Also, at this time I will replace all 8 plugs, coils, EGR valve, oxygen sensors and mass air flow sensor. Possibility the two camshaft position sensors and crankshaft position sensor.

Your thought?

I have a 2002 LSE V8 that has 158k and I've owned it since the car was new with about 8 miles on it. EGR Valve, O2 Sensors, MAF, Camshaft position sensors are all still original on mine and working fine. Might replaced the O2 sensors at 160k...or 175k.

Degas Bottle (twice), Alternator (twice), Valve Cover Gaskets, Coils, Plugs al have been replaced as needed.

Also, cooling system plastic replaced last couple of weeks. Both (thermostat housing and the inlet tube) were failing or had failed.

My LS has 100,364 miles so the warranty has expired. However, Steve (Lincoln dealer mechanic) acted like he didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned the warranty to him. So maybe not all dealerships were doing it.

I've already replaced the degas bottle, thermostat, thermostat housing and other parts associated with the cooling system. Will have the Lincoln dealer flush the cooling system soon since I have that done every other year.

My LS has 100,364 miles so the warranty has expired. However, Steve acted like he didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned the warranty to him. So maybe not all dealerships were doing it.

They don't have a choice. It's a factory program.

That's what I thought. I was surprised to see him react that way.

That's what I thought. I was surprised to see him react that way.

There are a lot that don't know or that pretend they don't know. You have to take the letter in with you.

Lol!

Members online

No members online now.
Back