oh no! not me too?

2k2ls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
CRAP!!!!!!!! :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :

Photo 53[1].jpg

That is a lot of oil.............wow. I would be cautious about putting those coils back in the car when you do your valve cover gaskets. What does everyone else think???

I got all 8 replaced when the gaskets were replaced. Better safe then sorry. It was a lot of money to spend, but I think it was worth it.

I would just clean them very well. If they work now, they should be okay. It's the oil getting on them that ruins them, but if they're still good re-use them.

i repaced all my plugs and my #3 was full of oil i just cleaned the coil and replaced the plug and its fine now. i did it all about 2 months ago and checked it yesterday to see if there was anything that needed to be replaced, but everything was fine no oil what soo ever.

GOOD LORD THATS ALOT OF OIL!!! i had/have oil in my spark plug wells, but not on the boot, mine was more just little spots of dried up oil in the bottom...WOW!!!

funny thing is that theres no cel or noticable difference in the cars performance. Thank god I got the wholesale account with the lincoln dealer by my job. Im gonna have to do this on saturday. What a way to blow a day off. This sucks.

good work catching it before your parked on the side of the road - and kodos to you for doing the repair yourself :Beer

lucky for me there is a forum i deal with (hint) that is extremely informative. Btw quick your a pretty witty guy. Ive read lots of helpfull posts and you usually are involved in giving technical and accurate info. Good to have you around. Now back to my car...this blows major. You would think that after all the high tech gadgets in these cars the simple things like O rings would have been resolved with the model T. I love the car to death but man the stupid design mistakes seem to outshine the technology. what the f???

2k2ls said:
CRAP!!!!!!!! :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :

I like how it looks like a beach around your coil cover too. Both my LSs look that way too. That cover seal might need to be replaced as well.

I think it is just something that will happen to ALL of us. Good luck!!

2k2ls said:
what the f???

no worries. every car has it's issues - the challenge with the LS is that it is soooooo over designed in some spots. They have redesigned the gasket to correct this issue - must have cost Lincoln a fortune.....

the nice thing is that you are working on one of the most high tech cars around - it's a blessing and a curse.....

very true. I do like all the gadgets. Still like the feeling when someone gets in and starts with the whole oooh ahhh thing. But at the end of the day a good car has to be able to effectively go from a to b. Tell ya im just happy that I found this forum when I first got the car otherwise i may have had to trade it in for a prius.... (im b-essing)

well - I often remind myself of this:

- I was test driving BMWs before buying my LS in 2001. The LS was better.
- if we had BMWs right now - there would be very little work we could do ourselves
- if we had BMWs right now - every mod would cost 3x as much
- the BMW dealer in Austin has a 3 week waiting list for service - 3 WEEKS!

BTW: I beat an M3 in autocross today.....

Members online

Back