Official LS Picture Thread

Body work and paint for $100...side note..had to peel my taillights on side of road, the fuzz didnt appreciate it...but let me off with a warning after i told him i could just peel it off...gonna have my paint guy tint some clear and just do it the legit way

oh really thats cheap as hell , and damnnn well it was good while it lasted , cops think mine is stock lol

I know...my neighbor introduced me to the guy. He works at a body shop and he runs the oaint booth so all the paint/pearl and fiberglass was on hands so didnt have to pay for material...he did it on the side after hours...gonna have him paint my side and rear valance, grill, rear surround, and eyelids on the headlights. I just have to space it out so i dont abuse the privilege. The color is almost spot on, even.though the car is almost 9 years old now. He did body work, primer, 4 coats of paint, pearl and clear each. Looks amazing! Very thrilled/impressed. , especially with the price l. I wasnt expecting much for it.

pays to know the right people , I asked a quote at a shop and they said I ll have to repaint the whole car otherwise the paint wont match and blahhh , I could careless at this point because I am going to dip it but it would have been nice to have a clean bumper for once lol

Windows tinted and pinstripe removed (mostly).

71wAK4l.jpg

I think you got that backwards. Rocker panels are black in non-LSE/'06 trim.......

I think he was trying to say he liked how they matched the wheels. It's not my favorite look but hey everyone has their own preference.

Laaawwwd

Here are some pics that show the tinted headlights and reverse lights. The car got it's first good cleaning in a really long time.

by far, one of the nicest LS's ive seen. really appreciate the way you made the car look

have you ever thought of the roof spoiler for your car?

What is used for the tail lights though?

RedMist,

for mine, i used nightshades followed by clear coat

Nice. I love the black against the Charcoal Grey. Have you ever tried using a satin finish tire dressing on the lower black moldings? I don't have any good pics right now (I haven't detailed my car in months due to knee problems), but it emphasizes the contrast enough to make the Charcoal Grey pop without making the black molding stand out too much (like a high gloss tire dressing would).

I would leave the headlights alone if it were my car. They're already blacked out from the inside, and IMO a color like this is about subtle contrasts. Blacking out the headlights might be too much.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of our 02 LS. I have many things planned but haven't really started on it yet. Changed the wheels and tires and Angel Eyes and clear turn lenses are next on my list. New upgraded stereo system is in the planning stages and will be installed soon.

LS 2.jpg

LS 5.jpg

LS 2.jpg

LS 5.jpg

I'll try that with the satin finish. And yeah I decided against blacking out the headlights for now. I may try it with some plasti dip since I can just peel it off if I don't like it. I did do the tail lights the other day which I do like.

VUEwQNq.jpg

Since I put the tint on my windows about a week ago I've been pulled over 3 times. First time I got let go with a warning which was a few days ago. Yesterday I got a ticket for the tint and speeding. Apparently there are airplanes flying next to the highway that communicate with the cruisers on ground to catch speeders now btw. Not even an hour later I got pulled over again just because of the tint...at that point I had enough and peeled the tint off roadside in front of the cop to avoid another ticket.

I'll try that with the satin finish. And yeah I decided against blacking out the headlights for now. I may try it with some plasti dip since I can just peel it off if I don't like it. I did do the tail lights the other day which I do like.

VUEwQNq.jpg

A satin black Gen 2 LSE spoiler and a satin black roof would look great on this car

Since I put the tint on my windows about a week ago I've been pulled over 3 times. First time I got let go with a warning which was a few days ago. Yesterday I got a ticket for the tint and speeding. Apparently there are airplanes flying next to the highway that communicate with the cruisers on ground to catch speeders now btw. Not even an hour later I got pulled over again just because of the tint...at that point I had enough and peeled the tint off roadside in front of the cop to avoid another ticket.

I've seen "Speed limit enforced by aircraft" signs here in VA, but I've never seen aircraft in use.

That sucks about the tint. I believe the only limit in Missouri is 35% on the front windows; any tint is allowed on the back and back sides. Really dark tint will tend to attract cops even if it is legal. The tinted tail lights will also attract them, and they could probably give you a ticket or use them as an excuse to pull you over.

I have Huper Optik nano-ceramic 35% in the back and 50% on the sides. 35% is dark but you can clearly see through it. 50% with the Medium Light Stone interior looks untinted, but still blocks a lot more heat than the factory solar rejection coating. I'm allowed to have 35% on the back side windows, but I was afraid that the two different shades would look funny. However, the windshield lets in so much light that the front windows sometimes look lighter than the back anyway.

Here are a few shots of what the 35/50 combo looks like in direct sunlight:
DSC00012800x600.jpg

DSC00004800x600.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back