Official LS Picture Thread

i do like the painted lower grille.... did you take it to the shop or DIY

DIY. I masked the area off. sanded it lightly with 220 grit sand paper and used ppg primer and ppg gloss black with 3 coats of ppg clear wet sanding between coats with 2000 grit sand paper. im going to make custom fog light bezels this week to fit round fog lights in the stock opening and paint them black to match the lower grill. i'm also going to paint my upper grille to match the lower cuz it is a little lighter than the lower grille

ive tried painting my grille but i cant seperate thhe chrome trim from the black i tried my best but didnt want to break any of the clips holding the black portion in... so i just gave up

ive tried painting my grille but i cant seperate thhe chrome trim from the black i tried my best but didnt want to break any of the clips holding the black portion in... so i just gave up

Could always tape the surround and hand spray or paint it...silly!

Hand spray or paint it?

You left me flustered with this one.

DIY. I masked the area off. sanded it lightly with 220 grit sand paper and used ppg primer and ppg gloss black with 3 coats of ppg clear wet sanding between coats with 2000 grit sand paper. im going to make custom fog light bezels this week to fit round fog lights in the stock opening and paint them black to match the lower grill. i'm also going to paint my upper grille to match the lower cuz it is a little lighter than the lower grille

Where'd the EV-Rs go?? :eek:

Where'd the EV-Rs go?? :eek:

against my better judgement, i let my ex take my car to work one night and after too many vodka-redbulls, she decided to hit a curb at 60mph. besides the wheels, i had to replace the ball joint, wheel bearing, tie rod end and knuckle on the drivers side. i dont like these wheels as much but they'll make good winter-time wheels when i put snow tires on em. im going back to 19's....boss motorsports 328's or rozzi wikid's. i may even go back to EV-R's if i can find a new set cuz they are the best looking wheel i've seen on the ls...imo

A few with my latest grille.

gedc04491198741.jpg

gedc04510941043.jpg

LS on deck.jpg

gedc04460727446.jpg

jwerners LS is the BOMB, howd u take of the license plate frame, its probably easy im sure but i usually :q:q:q:q things up on the first try so thought id ask first :shifty: ...noobish

I never really had one. I just held in my plate with vinyl plugs for the interior so I can remove them and then the plate when I took pics but now I dont even need a front plate anymore so I might have someone fill the holes in.

Soooooon! Well not touching the ground but about as low as I can possibly go.

I just bottomed out for my first time last night on my pipes so I really need to adjust this exhaust. I have a feeling Im going to need to cut it up and re-do it so it tucks higher.

Welcome to my world. I'm almost afraid to see what my resonators look like, since they catch everything, especially when pulling into parking garages :mad:

Its the bends in the kit right after the cats. They point down the things are so crooked. I never scraped before so it never occurred to me that they were that far off but this was a sharp little bump almost like a speed bump.

There is a small show and cruise in June I wanna go to just to sit and hang out with my kids. They say its nothing special just some ricers and some classics and antiques that are just in really good shape. I dont wanna win anything or be the center of attention, I just wanna hang out with the kids and let them think they are cool plus that red thing really aint a barn, its my garage. The guy Im buying the house from just needs to clean it out so I can use the damn thing so hopefully new stuffs a coming. Im getting sick of it fast as the same old grows very old quickly.

Jwerner where do you live, i wanna come :q:q:q:q your LS.. I wish I saw yours before I bought my rims... Damn it all to hell.. Atleast mine looks like its fast since it lowered now..:rolleyes:

the grill looks great bro

Im still mixed on it. You can see some contrast between it and its fresh paint and my older paint on my car plus Im not liking the chrome as much as I thought I would. I think it looks super slick but I miss the aggressiveness the black center brings out so as soon as I sort out the issue with my 03 grille Im gunna be painting its surround also.

hi, im new here. can i get some opinions and suggestions please?

03-11-09_1811.jpg

Weird mix of different generation LS's! Looks good though!

One thing to tie the mclaren grille into the rest of the car... paint the lower grille bars black. Check it out on my gen 1, and xctmels's gen 2:

IMG_5071.jpg

the problem is that the bumper grills dont have a clear line to which mask off since they are made to be the same color. Im trying to go for an oem look, like how it should have come.

Members online

Back