Odometer Help !!!!

FATLS01

New LVC Member
Reaction score
What's Up Guys ! I Know It's Highly Illegal , But I Want To Shut The Odometer Off , Could Someone Give Me A Quick How To ,or Lead Me In The Right Direction . Thanks For The Help
Rick

FATLS01 said:
What's Up Guys ! I Know It's Highly Illegal , But I Want To Shut The Odometer Off , Could Someone Give Me A Quick How To ,or Lead Me In The Right Direction . Thanks For The Help
Rick

Thats a no no no!

I have been wanting to do that to sifrino. Since I will never sell. I want to put the miles I have put on the car. If that makes sense. . .

it's a multiplexed system - there is not a single wire or cable, it's part of the overall gauge cluster and is matched to the PCM.

...remind me to NEVER buy a car from you.

FATLS01 said:
Ya But I Don't Want To Sell The Car With 100k I Have 70k On It Now

Here are some alternatives

1. Carpool
2. Take The Bus
3. Drive Less

All of which are LEGAL :N

FATLS01 said:
Rick

Well, Rick..........that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You'd have better luck selling it now if you were that worried about miles. My question is......why stop at 70,000 miles? You might as well roll it all the way back to 0! Just think, your car would be worth SO much more!...........jackazz.

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

I live in a glass house, trust me I keep the lawn ROCK free.

As a traveling salesman I drive A LOT. A LOT is this:

I thought long and hard about rolling back my miles to NOT take a HIT on my trade-in, but I didn't do it. I've done it years ago on another car, but not this one.

I JUST traded in my 2000 Ford Taurus with 179,870 miles on it. I did say a lot now didn't I?

I didn't take a bath on it...I was drowned like a rat. And then just before my life was gone, I was beaten with a huge "negative equity" stick. Otherwise known as "upside down" disease. Just to make sure I couldn't come up for more air.

I now drive a 2000 LS8 Premium with EVERY single option I wanted since the day I saw my very first LS. I pay a good $75 extra a month because of my OWN inequities....

I could call you names and ridicule you, but I won't. You're a sleeping dog by now.

I hit Google and found numerous site "able" to "tweak" your mileage a few months back. (ex. Dashfix.net, Mrwizard.com) but I just let it go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legal Disclaimer:

Adjusting a car odometer is NOT a criminal offense; however selling a vehicle with the intention to defraud contravenes the Trades Descriptions Act. It is unlawful to reset odomoeters with less than the true representation of actual mileage of the motor vehicle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are in all actuality a few instances where the digital readout on vehicles can be altered through NO intent of the owner. Albeit maybe they are few and far between, but still it happens.

There may even be people on this forum who have a car with "misrepresented mileage" but who knows?

Unfortunately you are now behind the 8-ball with this group.

Like my mother once said, "take your medicine, it's good for you".

Best of Luck and....

"tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

u should avoid posting in this forum ever again. Thats low man.

FATLS01 said:
Ya But I Don't Want To Sell The Car With 100k I Have 70k On It Now

Thank God that He created Carfax.
What are you going to do when you buy your next car ? Maybe from another "tweaker". Who's to say if that mileage is right?? :F

:tmi:

wouldnt it be great if you stoped the odometer and then car fax found out that you gauge has been tweaked... then you car would be worth $00,000.00

EVERY repair shop should record mileage to stop that sh!t

Members online

No members online now.
Back