Obama Poll Numbers

Why is this stickied?

It's at 40% because 40% of people didn't vote for him.

If you look at the % of people who voted for him you'll notice something, he only won by 5% IIRC (52% or somewhere around there depending on where you get it)

He's only been in office for.... 9 weeks now?

This is pretty immature lol. I hate to see people like you voting. I could keep going. How long before you see 50%? Once another 10%'s worth of liberals get killed in Iraq. That's when.

He's the President and the expectations were that he was the second coming of Christ and was going to save the world.

I would have expected his appprovals to be in the high 90's, something like 98or 99. I mean how many wack-jobs are out there like me after all?

Wiggle-with it man.

P.S. It's stickied because I decided so and I dislike this marxist wrapped up in Dem wool. With power comes privilege.:gr_hail:

4-1/2 weeks - he has been in office for basically 1 month

However, he should have solved all the world's problems, righted the economic boat that Bush sank, won the war on terror that Bush couldn't win in 7+ years, and given us all a big screen TV ;)

It does take a little time - It took Reagan over 2 years to dig out of Carter's economic hole.

Give him until October and the new budget... Let the summer show how the stimulus plan will work (already here in Colorado 5 large road projects have been greenlighted, and they will be already in construction stage by June and SERI hs 3 big projects that have been OK'd). Look at how increasing the length of unemployment benefits will keep people off of the welfare rolls, and the co-pay by the government of Cobra will put enough money in people's pockets so they can buy more things.

Watch what the 2nd half of TARP will entail, see if GM and Chrysler merges, and who knows, maybe we will be looking at the Swedish banking system.

And let the market bottom at 6,000 -

Remember 47% people voted against Obama, and didn't 'buy' into the messiah syndrome you state all the time Bryan. So I would be surprised if his approval rating was above 53% with the election so close, and the right still 'smarting' from McCain's defeat.

Let the summer show how the stimulus plan will work (already here in Colorado 5 large road projects have been greenlighted,
And when the busy work is done, then what?

The StealFromUs plan is nothing more than a transfer of wealth.

You may argue short-term gain but it is becoming well known this is going to cause long-term pain.

Remember 47% people voted against Obama, and didn't 'buy' into the messiah syndrome you state all the time Bryan.

We have a lot of people in this Country like Bob Hubbard that wanted to give the Messiah a chance. A chance for what I don't know, but I'm not one of them.

I'm a capitalist, a conservative both fiscally and socially and believe in the greater good of God. I find none of these ideals in Obama. None.

I'm a capitalist, a conservative both fiscally and socially and believe in the greater good of God. I find none of these ideals in Obama. None.

Obama certainly believes in the greater good of God - but, I know you think there is something there - maybe that he is a Muslim, I still don't quite know where you go on this one Bryan. You certainly claimed he was a Muslim in the past...

But, guess what - I am not surprised you aren't going to give him anything - you obviously from the very beginning were irrationally against him.

And, it is fine if people want to judge him after 1 month in office- I believe they will just look foolish later. Like Bob Hubbard. Moving the largest capitalist economy in the world will take more than 1 week.

There is also long term economic policy in the stimulus package - but, most of it is short term. Even Obama knows that he needs to show movement in the economy within a year.

Obama certainly believes in the greater good of God - but, I know you think there is something there - maybe that he is a Muslim, I still don't quite know where you go on this one Bryan. You certainly claimed he was a Muslim in the past....
I think he is a taqiyaa practicing muslim.

But, guess what - I am not surprised you aren't going to give him anything - you obviously from the very beginning were irrationally against him..
Not irrationally. Completely rational and documented.

And, it is fine if people want to judge him after 1 month in office- I believe they will just look foolish later. Like Bob Hubbard. Moving the largest capitalist economy in the world will take more than 1 week.
Moving it to where? What is the goal?

There is also long term economic policy in the stimulus package - but, most of it is short term. Even Obama knows that he needs to show movement in the economy within a year.
Show me the long term. Show me the short term shovel ready. Show me where we are building a sustainable future.

You ever run a business fox?

125 billion goes to Education...

70 billion directly targets green investment

81 billion goes to energy development

Did you know there are even things like 7.2 billion to improve broadband technology - long term investment...

So, that is over 280 billion in just those 4 items - approx. 1/3 - figuring that 1/3 goes to tax breaks, it means that at least half of the actual spending goes to long term investment.

Obama is a Christian. And is a natural born citizen, completely qualified to be president of the USA.

Nope, never ran a business, doesn't appeal to me. I have my little freelance business, but that is just me. I am quite happy using my skills to grow a great little family owned business, that shares the profits with it's employees.

won the war on terror that Bush couldn't win in 7+ years
Wow. Either you're really stupid, or a spectacular liar. How have things been in Iraq lately? Or are you referring to the GWOT, which nobody, not even Bush, predicted would be won in his term?

Wow. Either you're really stupid, or a spectacular liar. How have things been in Iraq lately? Or are you referring to the GWOT, which nobody, not even Bush, predicted would be won in his term?

I do believe I said the war on Terror... And I guess you missed the sarcasm in the whole statement, or maybe you did expect a big screen TV by now, with a little gift tag that said, 'Thanks for everything, Foss. Barack.";)

Where is your iron clad proof Foss - so you can guarantee that Obama isn't a Christian?
I don't have anything to prove to you, be it 'iron clad' or whatever. Interesting choice of words, as you're so fond of moving the goalposts. As you're also fond of saying to Shag, you're not going to give me any credence anyway.

But for the rest of you out there - "Christian" means "Christ-like." Jesus Christ would NEVER, NEVER vote for or support infanticide or abortion.

Obama has said that there are many paths to God, which is contrary to Scripture. He also said he doesn't believe he or anyone else will go to hell. That's not just wrong, it's bald ignorance. Obama also has said that he believes in salvation through works.

Anyone who believes these things has not met the requirements necessary in order to obtain salvation.

According to the Bible, he is NOT a Christian.

See Matt. 7:13-23; John 3:36; 14:6.

He's the President and the expectations were that he was the second coming of Christ and was going to save the world.

I would have expected his appprovals to be in the high 90's, something like 98or 99. I mean how many wack-jobs are out there like me after all?

Wiggle-with it man.

P.S. It's stickied because I decided so and I dislike this marxist wrapped up in Dem wool. With power comes privilege.:gr_hail:

He was though of as the second coming of chirst only by the conservatives. Dem's just didn't want that old bastard mccain next to the button.

Key is not to blow things out of proportion. I know that in politics that will never happen, but it still makes me mad as :q:q:q:q (that it happens).

No, he's not. I guarantee it.

Hah. Good i hope he's not. I really hope he's a closet atheist.

Also dude, those mind reading powers you got.... Do you make any money off of them? Were you a telephone psychic back in the day??

rofl.

I don't have anything to prove to you, be it 'iron clad' or whatever. Interesting choice of words, as you're so fond of moving the goalposts. As you're also fond of saying to Shag, you're not going to give me any credence anyway.

But for the rest of you out there - "Christian" means "Christ-like." Jesus Christ would NEVER, NEVER vote for or support infanticide or abortion.

Obama has said that there are many paths to God, which is contrary to Scripture. He also said he doesn't believe he or anyone else will go to hell. That's not just wrong, it's bald ignorance. Obama also has said that he believes in salvation through works.

Anyone who believes these things has not met the requirements necessary in order to obtain salvation.

According to the bible anyone who isn't a follower of jesus should be brought to his footstep and murdered.

Also, i think you're getting the word "scripture" and "gospels" mixed up. See, scripture implies a certainty of fact or at the least possibility. Gospels implies tellings, most likely fallacy. I know they're often intertwined but i just think it's a good idea to keep up on what means what :)

In addition, we have this thing called, constitutional amendments. They're these :q:q:q:qing awesome things that separates us from those dem commies right? One of them lil :q:q:q:qers is called "The First" and it simply reads

"1st Freedom of religion..."

This was awesome because back in the day you wouldn't get your head cut off for thinking. However, in such times, if one isn't a christian or a catholic, you can see the exact opposite happen.

Can we try to keep the imaginary friends out of politics?

I can go on :)

Show me the long term. Show me the short term shovel ready. Show me where we are building a sustainable future.

Sir, if you want that i would consult fossten. I have it on good grounds he can read peoples minds and possibly in turn predict the future.

Hah. Good i hope he's not. I really hope he's a closet atheist.

Also dude, those mind reading powers you got.... Do you make any money off of them? Were you a telephone psychic back in the day??

rofl.
What does mind reading have to do with anything? I can judge his actions and tell that he's not a Christian. Can you look at somebody and tell whether or not the person is alive or dead? It's usually obvious.

According to the bible anyone who isn't a follower of jesus should be brought to his footstep and murdered.
You have a verse that backs up that ridiculous statement?

Also, i think you're getting the word "scripture" and "gospels" mixed up. See, scripture implies a certainty of fact or at the least possibility. Gospels implies tellings, most likely fallacy. I know they're often intertwined but i just think it's a good idea to keep up on what means what :)
When I say Scripture I'm referring to the Bible. I thought I made that clear. What you just said is nearly unintelligible.

In addition, we have this thing called, constitutional amendments. They're these :q:q:q:qing awesome things that separates us from those dem commies right? One of them lil :q:q:q:qers is called "The First" and it simply reads

"1st Freedom of religion..."

This was awesome because back in the day you wouldn't get your head cut off for thinking. However, in such times, if one isn't a christian or a catholic, you can see the exact opposite happen.

Can we try to keep the imaginary friends out of politics?

I can go on :)
I have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about, but you misquoted the 1st Amendment. Also, please cite specific examples of people beheaded for not being Christians.

Wow Foss - that includes much of the United States then, in the non-Christian category, if you go by the abortion test...

Heck, since that is a really great barometer... How about those really Christian nations like Iran that outlaw abortions?

He doesn't qualify as 'Christian' by your narrow definition, but, that is fine, I don't either, neither do 9 out of 10 people who believe in Christ.

Remember, keep judging others - it is such a Christian value.

Wow Foss - that includes much of the United States then, in the non-Christian category, if you go by the abortion test...

Heck, since that is a really great barometer... How about those really Christian nations like Iran that outlaw abortions?

He doesn't qualify as 'Christian' by your narrow definition, but, that is fine, I don't either, neither do 9 out of 10 people who believe in Christ.
Misquoting me. I was very clear. Also, did I mention anything else besides abortion, or are you fixating on that as a straw man argument?

Remember, keep judging others - it is such a Christian value.
Snarky. I believe I must be hitting close to the mark. :rolleyes: You have NO IDEA what Christian values are.

1 Cor 2:14 - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

What does mind reading have to do with anything? I can judge his actions and tell that he's not a Christian. Can you look at somebody and tell whether or not the person is alive or dead? It's usually obvious.

You have a verse that backs up that ridiculous statement?

When I say Scripture I'm referring to the Bible. I thought I made that clear. What you just said is nearly unintelligible.

I have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about, but you misquoted the 1st Amendment. Also, please cite specific examples of people beheaded for not being Christians.
Telling if someone is alive or dead is very obvious. What your implying is that you're looking at someone and seeing a belief. Most of the time that's not possible.

I'm not really acute to reading the bible, nor do i know how to properly cite passages. The one i'm referring to though is "Luke 19:27"

http://bible.cc/luke/19-27.htm

Misquoting me. I was very clear. Also, did I mention anything else besides abortion, or are you fixating on that as a straw man argument?

Snarky. I believe I must be hitting close to the mark. :rolleyes: You have NO IDEA what Christian values are.

Lol dude. That totally reminds me of that movie planet of the apes. when the guy is on trial in the ape court, and the ape reads a passage from his scriptures. That was an awesome movie...

Telling if someone is alive or dead is very obvious. What your implying is that you're looking at someone and seeing a belief. Most of the time that's not possible.
When it's as obvious someone isn't a Christian as it is in Obama's case, it's easy to make the claim. But I've already cited chapter and verse and made my case. Did you even read it?

I'm not really acute to reading the bible, nor do i know how to properly cite passages. The one i'm referring to though is "Luke 19:27"

http://bible.cc/luke/19-27.htm
You're out of context. Classic mistake by a non-reader of the Bible. A ten year old Sunday Schooler knows what that passage means.

What you quoted is part of a parable. Read the whole chapter.

Try again, you're not even getting lukewarm. Pardon the pun. ;)

Why read the chapter when what i want is right there? Should i read all of genesis to understand the first part?

From here on it's purely bickering. That's why i think it should be closed

I don't know what you mean by scholar either... The bible isn't my cup of tea... Those gospels.... :Bang . Now the quaran, there's a book that's much more intuitive. M

Members online

No members online now.
Back