O2 sensors?

May not apply here, but experience with a previous car with 4 O2 sensors is that the two in front of the cats need replacing more frequently than the one after.

Unfortunately it looks like the LS uses two different O2 sensors so you can' do the old trick Of keeping the used but good rear sensors as spares.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

They are very easy to get to under the car so you might have to jack it up. Make sure you use jack stands becasue you might have to use some serious torque to loosen them.

Like Quik LS said Autozone offers them adn I recently bought the two pre cat 02 sensors there for about 49 bux or so. I would not bother with the post cat 02 as they are not used for AF trim calculations. So unless you get a DTC on those sensors I would not waste the money.

Correct El...all the rears do is a comparison against the fronts to see if the cats are functioning properly.

2001LS8Sport said:
Correct El...all the rears do is a comparison against the fronts to see if the cats are functioning properly.

yeah if you are getting high numbers off the rears then you likely have a bad cat(s).

Some states use obdII to read the rear 02s for smog testing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back