Now I remember why I quit working for ford...

ok basically, there saying that there was modifications performed to the cylinder heads (bull:q:q:q:q) i've personally never even had the intake off so either their full of :q:q:q:q or it was the previous owner (got it with 8k) there telling me there is some type of "throttle position modulation device installed in the wiring harness" again complete bull:q:q:q:q, and they want me to font the 23 hours labor to r & r the heads before determining if the "modifications performed to the vehicle" caused the problem, even though they wernt my modifications, which means ill front the $3k and then get hit with a $7k bill for a new engine... ford customer service litterally told me I was screwed lol, im thinking im going to have the bank come and get the damn thing, im tired of this

hey before doing that have a consultation with these guys, thats who handled my case against chrysler, maybe something might come of it, even if u do have the bank take the car, like i did, you might still be able to get something for your troubles. http://www.krohnandmoss.com/

err sorry man i dont think they handle cases in texas, hit up this site instead, http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/ look for a lawyer that works in your area and tell them you have a question about magnusson moss, maybe they might be able to help.

Last edited:
wow this is bs, how are they determining there is a race head on the car, I would blow them the hell out. I would be yelling, and demanding proof.
go pull the damn head, bring it in and tell them 1. fix it under warenty, and 2. go f yourself while you do it.

Revenge

I leased a '94 Jag. Before very long I started having trans trouble. After several attempts at repairs, including one attempt where they charged me and had to pay me back because their 'fix' didn't work, they finally decided that they'd have to do a complete rebuild---for $2300. I concluded that the problem couldn't be mechanical, and after searching, got a set of wiring diagrams. After study, I went to the local parts store and bought a Chrysler relay. When I plugged it into the socket on the firewall it cured the problem---for $6 and change. Installing the relay took about 30 seconds.

Several months later the head gasket blew. This time they told me $3500. Since I didn't trust them I decided to do it myself. But to do something that complex, I needed to get into a garage and I didn't have one at the time. So I offered an acquaintance $300 to help---and use his garage. When we got the head off, we discovered that the head had been over-torqued. The fire rings around two adjacent cylinders had been crushed into the aluminium head, creating a space that wasn't sealing properly and gave out.

I had the head cut to remove the damaged surface, and we put it all back together. Then I called Jaguar and told them they owed me $1100 for the repair. (I paid myself for the work I'd done as well as the parts and labor. It seemed to be a good deal for them since that was less than a third of what it should have cost.)

That started a ruckus that went on for about two months, and ended when one of their customer relations guys told me for about the tenth time that they weren't going to pay me anything and to---and I quote, "Go :q:q:q:q yourself!"

To make the rest of the story as short as possible, I sued them, doing all the work myself. It actually cost me about $50 for the filing fees. By the time it really got going, (and because I'd sued everybody who was even remotely connected) there were lawyers from five different law firms opposing me. I never paid another penny to Jag Credit, and mostly left the car locked up at a friends house. More than two years later, (and after going through three judges in two different suburbs here locally), a judge finally told me I had to give it back. One of the attorneys opposing me told me after a court session that by that time it had cost over $80 thousand in legal expense to my opposition. And it was more than a year after that when I gave it back. They tried every legal trick to keep me from having an actual hearing about my $1100. And I had become content to just keep it going and costing them money. I got a new Town Car to drive while this was going on.

I finally got tired of the whole thing and just let it drop. And right after that was when I gave the car back. They didn't even try to get any money from me for either their outlay for lawyers or the two years I kept their car locked up.

So I'm not sure they'll fix your car. But you CAN make it very costly for them to turn you away!
KS

thats an awesome story, and as much as I would love to cause them thousands of dollars I decided to attack their reputation. I gathered a great deal of people who had been burned by their service department and splattered their horror stories all over the local news paper, some of which were decorated vets who had just returned from iraq hahaha so ya whatever, the good news is, is that the dumb :q:q:q:qers didnt do their jobs, all the "diag" to figure out weather or not it was warranty was customer pay, so insted of doing what a ford tech is suppose to and report everything to the vin tag on oasis, they didnt do it, so according to ford the vehicle has never been in for this problem, all im doing is taking it to a different dealer with an inside friend, and if that falls through I may have someone to sponsor the 4.2 swap so im not too worried about it either way. when I went to pick up the car the doush bag was tryin to be all nice and I told him that i was glad he :q:q:q:qed me because it just put peace in my mind, because the more of his customers he raped for every penny the more of them would come running to me, lol he didnt have much to say but o well, we'll see how it all turns out

Members online

No members online now.
Back