Now I remember why I quit working for ford...

revolutionaryconcepts

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
there saying that I have void'd my factory 4/50k and premiumcare 5/75k mi. warrantys because of a set of spark plugs and aftermarket exhaust... there calling it "racing modifications" and are currently refusing to replace anything under warranty, I swear now I remember why I hated my job so much this is bs

I don't think they would have allowed it if they had known about the extended oil changes with the wrong weight oil either. They have to draw the line somewhere...

what extended oil changes? I changed mine at 3500 miles, and with 0w20, which they legally cannot void the warranty for

Just curious you list 1964 MG B GT Convertible in your profile, how do you get a convertible out of a GT fastback hard top and convertible? I have owned many of MG and Austin Healy and never seen one of thoughts, could you post a photo?

Your warrenty is not void. However if you have a concern and the dealer can prove that the mod caused or contributed to the cause of the failure then they will not pay for repairs or diag and can leave the vehicle in the "torn down" condition unless you agree to pay. I have this concern when putting ford racing parts on the vehicles. If we install the (coverd parts only) parts then we are responseable for the repairs and frpp will share the cost if their part caused the failure. oh you would also be responseable for any extra time to remove mods to access and verify the concern

the previous owner was a rat rod builder, he hacked the roof off of it and turned it into a convertible for some odd reason, its kinda strange looking, and unfortunatly I have no pictures, its in and has been in storage at my aunts house in ohio for about 5 years but ill see if I can have her take a few pics if your that interested

this is the newest load they're feeding me, they called in an engineer naturally, which then told them that the vehicle has "racing modified cylinder heads" which is complete bull:q:q:q:q considering that the intake manifold has never even been off the vehicle, and they're retracting the previous claim from the technician that the lower intake gasket failure caused the cylinderwall damage....

sorry man. its been real hard to find good people to work with... fortunatley for me the dealership in my town has been very good to me. I have a friend at the service counter and never have a prob. ive lowered my car and a few months after the swaybar bushings went bad and they still replaced under warranty... But, in your case is there any legal action you could take? Keep all the paperwork they give you because they are obviously trying to screw you over... Good luck

what extended oil changes? I changed mine at 3500 miles, and with 0w20, which they legally cannot void the warranty for

I must have misunderstood your various posts about using 0W-30 and 5W-30. None-the-less, they should have to prove it is oil related to deny the claim. Sounds like that isn't the case here.

it's you racers and your fast n' furious ways that ruin the dealers for the rest of us.

sorry to hear about your troubles - it sucks when they stretch the rules and it's almost impossible to fight them.

lol no prob not I prob type the wrong thing, I get going too fast and mistype things constantly, its ok tho, anyway no the vehicle has never gone past 5k miles on an oil change interval, I waited until 15kmiles before switching to synthetic, because that can cause warranty issues with ford, and in texas went 0/30 in the summer and 0/20 in the winter

and as far as lincoln is concerned why warranty an engine and get rembursed from ford for 6k dollars, when you can try and get it customer pay and pocket an additional 4k dollars? which is what there doing, david mcdavid is the premier lincoln dealer in the state of texas, perhaps the country as far as sales, and I litterally have more ford specalist/masters certifications than any of their 55 technicians, I was actually offered a job there as a team leader till they found out about my ovi in ohio, I swear there all a bunch of morons

thats alright tho, if they screw me over it wont be getting a 3.9 put back in it

I dont race this car quick lol, and I hate the slow & the irritating, I have other vehicles i race, well had till my daughter was born, this is the car I drive to clubs & restaurants

there saying that I have void'd my factory 4/50k and premiumcare 5/75k mi. warrantys because of a set of spark plugs and aftermarket exhaust... there calling it "racing modifications" and are currently refusing to replace anything under warranty, I swear now I remember why I hated my job so much this is bs

What happened?

What is "ovi in ohio"?

I had several piston rings fail and the car started burning large quantities of oil, over about a 800 mile period, now on average it burns 2 quarts in less than 200 miles, and there saying that spark plugs & an aftermarket exhaust have caused the piston ring failure, and are currently refusing to replace the engine under the factory warranty or my extended warranty, calling them "racing modifications"

and in ohio there are multiple classifications of driving under the influence, dwi -driving while intoxicated dui - driving under the influence and ovi - operating a vehicle intoxicated, in my case, my "intoxication" was sleep depervation, I fell asleep behind the wheel after working 30hrs straight, well down here in texas its all the same thing, and thanks to madd (mothers against drunk driving) I couldnt go back to work for a auto dealer for between 5-12 years

The LM dealers are the #1 reason I will not buy another Lincoln.
Lincoln was competing with BMW yet they never treated their customers the same. Well, maybe its even know that Lincoln is competing with Buick.
My friends get loaner cars when they walk in to do oil change with BMW, MB, Infinity and I am getting Tauruses, and other crap when my LS needed to stay overnight after I made the arrangement for a loaner car weeks in advance. And even then they would tell me there is nothing in their computer about the arrangements.

My dad's LS still has the Ford extended Premium warranty so we take it LM dealer for oil changes to avoid BS with voiding warranties and every time they loosen the clamps on the CAI. :mad: WTF?

You can rate dealers on Edmund's website. I did.

The LM dealers are the #1 reason I will not buy another Lincoln.
Lincoln was competing with BMW yet they never treated their customers the same. Well, maybe its even know that Lincoln is competing with Buick.
My friends get loaner cars when they walk in to do oil change with BMW, MB, Infinity and I am getting Tauruses, and other crap when my LS needed to stay overnight after I made the arrangement for a loaner car weeks in advance. And even then they would tell me there is nothing in their computer about the arrangements.

My dad's LS still has the Ford extended Premium warranty so we take it LM dealer for oil changes to avoid BS with voiding warranties and every time they loosen the clamps on the CAI. :mad: WTF?

You can rate dealers on Edmund's website. I did.

I am not trying to defend Lincoln, but my friend had a real difficult time trying to get BMW to explain the clicking noise in his 08 335I . They sent him home several times with the answer of submitting the test results to the engineers. At the same time there was more info at bimmerpost than he received at the dealer. We spent a lot of time switching out aftermarket parts as not to void the warranty. Fast car but that engine was headed for failure. He traded it before it gave up the ghost. By the way, he ran it hard all the time.

the previous owner was a rat rod builder, he hacked the roof off of it and turned it into a convertible for some odd reason, its kinda strange looking, and unfortunatly I have no pictures, its in and has been in storage at my aunts house in ohio for about 5 years but ill see if I can have her take a few pics if your that interested

I would like to see it.
I had a midget...I always wanted to hot rod that thing...it was a go cart you could drive to work.

I am not trying to defend Lincoln, but my friend had a real difficult time trying to get BMW to explain the clicking noise in his 08 335I . They sent him home several times with the answer of submitting the test results to the engineers. At the same time there was more info at bimmerpost than he received at the dealer. We spent a lot of time switching out aftermarket parts as not to void the warranty. Fast car but that engine was headed for failure. He traded it before it gave up the ghost. By the way, he ran it hard all the time.

I know. These things happen too.
That's why I want to afford to lease these cars and return them before warranty runs out.
Too bad 335 doesn't have LSD or I would be really tempted.

You gotta understand here man, Ford's in the tank, they need money bad. You really think they can afford to replace your engine for free? :p

Hahaha, nah im jk! That sounds like some of the stuff I hear about the local Honda dealer here. Just a bunch of numb nuts who wouldn't know how to pour water out of a boot with instruction on the heel. Hopefully you get it all straightened out. You must know something about dealer protocol, get in touch with your regions service rep. and see what he/she has to say about all this.

By the way, he ran it hard all the time.
And he wondered why it was clicking?

so wait you ran 0w20.. when it calls for 5w20 or 5w30 and now you have piston ring and cylinder wall wear????

thats weird?

so wait you ran 0w20.. when it calls for 5w20 or 5w30 and now you have piston ring and cylinder wall wear????

thats weird?

For the record... 0W20 oil is accepted by Ford for any engine that calls for 5W20. 0w20 is slightly better than 5w20, if you can find it.

But... 5w30 is another matter.

ya the "cylinder wall scarring" was caused by some type of particulate contamination, id sand, dirt, metal, etc not what you would expect with oil sheering or starvation, and for the life of me I have no idea where it came, but o well, all the ford reps as of yesterday are leaning twords not covering it under warranty, the only bad part is, is that fords list price on the engine plus labor at $125 an hour will total the car, its only valued at just over 11k now :(

i'll see what I can do about havin my aunt get some pictures of the mgb, shes currently over seas shooting a wedding for someone (photographer, not terrorist lol) when she gets back ill have her do somethin, my origional plan was to transplant a different powertrain into it, Im currently leaning twords either a 13b renesis rotary (miss rotarys) or the supercharged ecotec from a cobalt

I've gone against chrysler with the magnusson moss warranty act, takes a little while but you can get money out of them, its like the lemon law, but federal, and there are guide lines like how many times they attempted to fix a certain problem, its just like the lemon law, but instead of new car, you get money corresponding to what the car was worth had you known the problems with it. like the difference in price with buying a wrecked car, vs a comparable non wrecked car.
http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/TX_LemonGuide.html - texas lemon law guide

I personally hate dealing with dealerships. I had a brand spanking new jeep liberty(also known as a deathtrap), within the first week the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree because the abs, traction control, and some other weird light turned on. 4 attempts at fixing it later they tell me that it might be because of my system(which was installed after the symptoms first started popping up). they didn't make anything of it though and still attempted to fix it. after that they told me they cant do anything about it, they have no idea, the sales guy blew me off when i told him, telling me oh lets go down to the service department and ill straighten it out, then doing an about face and saying this damn kid keeps coming to me and i keep telling him its not my problem, its a service problem you guys deal with him. I was moving to new york and they told me try to get it fixed there. well they tried here, and failed, i wanted to lemon law the thing because chrysler would not help me in any way, no dice florida lemon law takes money(like a couple thousand) out of your pocket for "time used". meanwhile we're driving to pennsylvania and the rear end skids out and we hit a guardrail, the ligths came on right before. it had a tendency to try to grab the wheels when it did that. got a maggnusson moss settlement, chrysler didnt want to pay anything close to what the problem was worth. so i told them to come repo it, the told me to drop it off at the dealers, so i tried and they said they dont want it. then chrysler tried to say i was hiding the car... I had called up several times to tell them exactly where it was, and to try to make a deal for when they could come pick it up. i now owe them 10 grand and they keep trying to get it. but yeah certain car companies, as explained to me by my lawyer are very hard to go against when it comes to any laws. they just dont care and will fight it as far as they can. I say knock em down a couple of pegs and go after them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back