Not a good way to start the day

Jrt1418

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I went outside this morning and noticed someone hit my car and didn't leave a note or anything. Now I am have to look for a new rear bumper when I have extra money.

Fucked.jpg

New Pics 686.jpg

I called them but since I don't have uninsured motorist coverage, I am not covered by hit and runs either. I have full coverage so I would have to pay a $500 deductible. I am going to have an estimate done this week and weigh my options. If they try and raise my rates at all, I won't use my insurance.

I hate how insurance works. Like, this is the kind of reason I have full coverage, for other *******s, but if they hit me I end up getting my rates raised. Its like, how the hell was that my fault?!

I called them but since I don't have uninsured motorist coverage, I am not covered by hit and runs either. I have full coverage so I would have to pay a $500 deductible. I am going to have an estimate done this week and weigh my options. If they try and raise my rates at all, I won't use my insurance.

A new, painted bumper (that's a V6, correct?) with the chrome strip should run ~$700. IIRC, I paid ~$500 to have my bumper repainted. Out here in The People's Republik paint jobs are rather expensive. I had to have one of my rockers painted as I kicked up a piece of metal. That job was ~$200.

People can sure suck at times! The culprit was probably drunk......

It's a 2006 (V8 Sport). I had the rear bumper painted and repaired after it got rear ended this summer. It cost a little over 500 total. The black corner moulding was also cracked. I found it in the bushes. I guess the guy that hit me tried to hide it. I plan on having my Gen 1 LSE side skirts repainted at some point before I install them so I guess I will just do everything at the same time. Any 03-06 bumper will work, I will just have to transfer the 06/LSE stuff to the new bumper. I still plan on attempting to attach the rear side parts of the Gen 1 LSE valance to the Gen 2 bumper. If they mount the same, it will work. I will just have to cut the valance to match the lines of the exhaust ports and use the gen 2 center section. Now, I just need a real job so I can pay for all this. lol

Ouch. Sorry to hear.

These recent LS accident is making me want to get full coverage, but at my age, its so expensive!

If you report it as vandalism, your Insured You need an adjuster that will see it as an act of vandalism and NOT a hit and run. I had someone hit my LS in a parking lot. Took to an adjuster that wrote it up as an act of vandalism. Insurance paid to fix it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back