non OEM replacement speakers

jokken

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know there are 1000 threads on the LS audio system. but all I would like to know is if there are better than OEM replacements that I can put into my LS that will bolt in the same way and have the same type of connector?

I have a 2000 LS 6cyl with only 4 speakers. 1 in each door.

I would like to find speakers that can handle what my head unit is capable of putting out without distorting. I have the basic premium head unit.

I don't know much about audio systems. All I know is that my speakers now are bad. They never did perform great and 1 or 2 of them are distorting (rattle/vibration sound) even on low volume

The OEM speakers never seemed to be able to handle what the headunit could output. I could not turn up the treble or bass much past the middle setting without getting distortion.

5x7 or 6x8 will work in the doors. if you buy them from crutchfield, they will give you connectors so that you can just plug the speakers in without splicing anything.

yep - click my signature link for my setup - it not a JL $10,000 piece - but it is very clean an can thump when needed (my minor was audio engineering) so I like clean first - then loud.

Members online

No members online now.
Back