no stream out of heater air bleed

blkmagnum22s

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I followed the directions from the tech article on how to bleed the cooling system and what not, but a steady stream has not come out the heater air bleed. The heater is blowing hot though. Any thoughts??

gen 2
v8

You bleed hose may be clogged. Mine had some gunk in it. Not sure why. Possibly never been bled before. But i had ti remove the hOse and pressure clean it squeezing out the debris.

You bleed hose may be clogged. Mine had some gunk in it. Not sure why. Possibly never been bled before. But i had ti remove the hOse and pressure clean it squeezing out the debris.

i just bleed it a week ago and it worked but i needed a rad hose so it hasn't been driving since then, i don't think it could have clogged

Just for giggles, have you tried to crack it open after you have driven the car a few miles and it has been at full operating temp?

Just for giggles, have you tried to crack it open after you have driven the car a few miles and it has been at full operating temp?

no i actually have not driven it but it was running for about 20 min, it did get to normal operating temp. Ill try to drive it and see what happens

no i actually have not driven it but it was running for about 20 min, it did get to normal operating temp. Ill try to drive it and see what happens

You may have a leak somewhere in the cooling system. If it can't pressurize, you won't be able to bleed it.

thanks everybody for the help, i went for a drive and when i got back it bleed.
i guess it took that long fir the air to get through

Members online

Back