No Heat

lunchmeat

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I got a 97 LSC with no heat. What do I need to do/look for to get heat before it get to cold out?

I was hoping it wasnt that. How hard is that to fix? and about how much is this gonna cost me to doit myself?

lunchmeat, Guys here are kind of strong on people at least doing/trying a search on things. Perhaps you already have. Anyway, go to markviii.org. Then go to their technical section. They give detailed intructions on 97-98 blend door repairs, both temporary and permanent fixes. Hope this helps you out. Good luck. Gary in Elmira, NY. By the way, if you need parts, one of our sponsors, Max at 5 Star Ford is great and gives real nice discounts. For used parts, Jamie is the man. He answered your question about the blend door.

I did the blend door a couple months ago, I had no air instead of no heat. I was dreading it and put it off until it got to be 100 out here in Chicago, then I had to do it. I got the part from my local lincoln dealer for $43 and it took me about 4 hours in my garage to complete the job using the write-up pointed out in this thread. Don't worry about it, it's really not that bad, just follow the instructions to the T, don't try and take any shortcuts and be patient. Oh, and BE PATIENT oh and BE PATIENT!!!

Sorry, but I had to stress that part. Remember, these cars are aging and parts are hard to come by, if you get impatient and try and force something and it breaks, you are doing nothing but costing yourself more money and more headaches.

Good Luck....

Not to sound stupid but I have the same problem. Last night I came out of the movies & it was chilly.. I turned on my heat & nothing... What is blend door?

I've got full blast ac at any setting on my car!!!

So I parked it for the winter because I didn't feel like doing it right now lol...

Members online

No members online now.
Back