No Heat and Overheating Problem 2000 V6

blairrf

LVC Member
Reaction score
Here are the symptoms:
-Overheats during a long idle after being driven (eg at car wash)
-Overheats on really warm days
-Degas bottle boils over
-No heat in the car after the boil over, but it usually works
-Heat works @ 90 and A/C works @ 65..in between, not so much

Here's what I've done: replaced a cracked degas bottle and bled it about 30 times. A few years back I replaced the valve in the fan pump because I wasn't getting the high fan..it seems like that unit still works because I can hear the fan kick on to high.

Let me know what you think...I'm guessing it's a few issues from the searches I've done.

Probably, one or more of the other plastic cooling system pieces have cracked slightly and are letting air in and preventing the system from pressurizing.

You can have the cooling system pressure tested to confirm this.

That would make it overheat, which it does. But that wouldn't explain why it doesn't blow hot air in the car, right?

That would make it overheat, which it does. But that wouldn't explain why it doesn't blow hot air in the car, right?

It can. If you get enough trapped air from the leak, then coolant can't circulate in the heater cores.

old car, needs new DCCV

if you have not replaced the DCCV then you need to. Sounds like your crossover plastic pipe has cracked. check for leaks around the seals on the plastic pipe. the pipe will leak and the fan dries it up before you can see the leak. also check for leaks around the radiator.

im kinda having the same problem with my 2000 lincoln v6 it just started a week and a half ago I had a pressure test done and it passed that, but as sat at idle in town with the AC on i would hear a hissing noice then my heat gauge would hit to about 10 o'clock i would turn the heat on to 90 it would go back to norm so of course i changed the thermo. but still it got hot again so.... today i took the plastic peice off that covers the radiator and the condenser their was dirt and grim in between so i cleaned that out.. im needing help on what eles i need to do next ??????????????????

It's been covered a hundred times here.
Check the hydraulic fan next.

Iv checked that and yes i know it been coverd a hundred times I Iv read the threads and as im reading them im checking thats why im asking for diff. ideas

It can. If you get enough trapped air from the leak, then coolant can't circulate in the heater cores.

Just to dove-tail on to Joegr post. The pressure in the system is what raises the boiling point of the coolant. So as Joegr stated yes it can.

Probably, one or more of the other plastic cooling system pieces have cracked slightly and are letting air in and preventing the system from pressurizing.

You can have the cooling system pressure tested to confirm this.
How long should I wait for the pressure drop? It loses pressure but very slowly, maybe 5psi in 10 minutes.

07e4bf4fd59860900eacfa01760c3454.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back