No headlights ,turn signals , fog lamps

Blincoln2005

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Lincoln ls ,none of my front lights work , I checked fuses but nothing works has anyone had this problem before

I have a 2005 Lincoln ls ,none of my front lights work , I checked fuses but nothing works has anyone had this problem before
Try checking the switch... make sure it's still functioning. After that, wiring is your only option. Doesn't seem likely though. You could also test the fuse connector with a multi-meter and see if any volts are coming through, check the light connectors and see if volts are registering.... I'm thinking the problem could be between the switch and the fuse box but I am not sure....

Does this include the turn signals / hazards? If so, it can't be the light switch.
The left and right head lights have separate power sources (SSP relays and fuses).
The FEM controls all the front lighting. Do the interior lights work? They are also controlled by the FEM.

I checked the voltage on the headlight plug with a multimeter it says 12.2 volts and I replaced my headlight switch a couple months ago

I checked the voltage on the headlight plug with a multimeter it says 12.2 volts and I replaced my headlight switch a couple months ago

The SSP relays provide battery power to the headlights all the time that the car is awake. The FEM grounds the other side of the sockets when the head lights should be on.
Maybe you have a partial failure of the FEM, or maybe some power grounds to it are open for some reason. If you have Forscan, it would be really good to see what the FEM is reporting.

As I said, there's no way the headlight switch would have stopped the turn signals from working.
The cluster reads the headlight switch, the light sensor, and the turn signal switch, and then reports that to the FEM. So it is possible that this could be a problem with the cluster instead of the FEM. If you turn the headlight switch on, do the instrument lights come on? Does the cluster seem to be working correctly? Do the rear turn signals and hazards work? If not, maybe it is the cluster. If so, then it points more to the FEM.

Yea all of that works cluster seems to be working properly the only thing is that the speedometer doesn’t light up because my headlights aren’t turning on brake lights ,running lights and rear turn signals all work but I’ll check out my fem

Here’s it is

image.jpg

I'd be much more concerned about that Low Oil Pressure light

This appears to be an old thread.. but I have a 2004 Ls V6 and I'm having this same issue. Does anyone have the solution? Was really hoping to find it on this thread.

This appears to be an old thread.. but I have a 2004 Ls V6 and I'm having this same issue. Does anyone have the solution? Was really hoping to find it on this thread.
So, what is your answer to post #4?

So, what is your answer to post #4?

All the tail lights work including hazards and turns.

I have no lights working in headlamps at all. no bakclights for instrument cluster and my pedal levels no longer work. Checked every fuse in all 3 panels. Fuses are all good. All my other dash lights work as well as dome light.

And I have also noticed the oil light. Even tho the oil is good and oil level is where it should be.

All the tail lights work including hazards and turns.

I have no lights working in headlamps at all. no bakclights for instrument cluster and my pedal levels no longer work. Checked every fuse in all 3 panels. Fuses are all good. All my other dash lights work as well as dome light.

And I have also noticed the oil light. Even tho the oil is good and oil level is where it should be.
In that case, your problem is most likely your FEM.
The oil light is not related to oil level at all, it indicates low oil pressure.

The oil pressure was fine before this electrical issue. I'm willing to bet it's related to the electrical issues. I'll be sure to post here if I end up figuring this out.

Really hope it's not the FEM. They seem to be hard to come by these days. Atleast plug and play. I might have to drop this thing at a Linclon dealer and let them deal with it.

Really hope it's not the FEM. They seem to be hard to come by these days. Atleast plug and play. I might have to drop this thing at a Linclon dealer and let them deal with it.
Considering the age of the LS, how non-Lincoln it really is, and how few of them there ever were. Most Lincoln dealers are probably a bad bet. Maybe look for a local independent that does a lot of Jaguar work.
Replacement of the FEM is not difficult. Just use one from the same generation. The LS did not suffer from the "as built" stuff that Ford has since pulled on people. No need to reprogram...

I have the old FEM out already and was trying to see if there were and hot spots on the board/ on board components. Everything looks good. I suppose there could be an internal short somewhere. So I searched a few of my local pick and pulls. They only seem to have V8s in the yards unfortunately. Will any of the ones from the v8s work or nah?

Sorry, I don't really know if the FEM cares if it is V8 or V6, but it really shouldn't. I'd look for one from a V6, but I'd try the V8 one if I couldn't find one.
I think that one of the causes for FEM failure is that some of them get wet when the sunroof hose for that corner pulls loose.

Oh damn. I'll bet that's exactly what happened to mine. I just fixed the sunroof drains in the A pillers.

So theoretically a v8 one may work if the features that operate through the FEM are the same...?

I'll give it a go. They are only $28 at my favorite pick and pull. That's with a 1 year warrenty included. Might just grabe all the ones I can find.

If it works out, I'll be sure to share it here.
Also might have some extras if anyone else needs one.

Thanks for the fast response and info. Much appreciated!

Members online

Back