glydrflyr

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi gearheads,

I'm the owner of a limo company in North Jersey with all Lincoln TC's in the fleet, ranging from 2000 to 2006 model years. We typically run these cars for 3 years, or 300,000 miles, usually without serious problems, then trade them in or wholesale them out. The oldest cars, 2000, 2001 and 2002 are stretch limos, so they don't get the kind of miles the sedans do. My favorite car is a 1995 Sig. with 448,000+ on the original engine and trans. This car was the starter in my fleet, and has always been serviced with synthetic oil and synthetic trans fluid. This is the car I usually drive, tho I don't use it any longer in the service.

Talk about high mileage, not surprsing for a TC. They can go for miles and miles and miles.:W to:V

welcome to LVC. Now I have a ? for you. Why do you buy Town Cars over the Devilles?

mark0101 said:
welcome to LVC. Now I have a ? for you. Why do you buy Town Cars over the Devilles?

I can answer that, The TC'S are cheaper to maintain, and I hear they are easier to have modified into a Limo because they are RWD and not FWD.

Not to mention they are comfier to.:D

mark0101 said:

Ask a mechanic how much it is to do a tune up on a cadillac! I'm not too sure if its difficult to make a FWD car into a limo. You don't have to stretch the drive shaft. You basically just need to stretch the body and possibly reinforce the rear suspension

Jibit said:
Ask a mechanic how much it is to do a tune up on a cadillac! I'm not too sure if its difficult to make a FWD car into a limo. You don't have to stretch the drive shaft. You basically just need to stretch the body and possibly reinforce the rear suspension

That is true, I saw a special on the History channel once about Limousines, They mentioned something about Having trouble stretching Caddies Because of the FWD layout. I can't remember exactly what it was though.

They of course emphasized on how much cheaper it is to Service a Lincoln over the Caddies.

Fair enough question. Whenn I got started in this business thirty years ago, Lincolns were a rarity; everybody drove Cad and Buick sedans and Cad Formal or standard limos with folding seats. The few stretches were mostly Cad., with 54-60" stretches being the most popular. When GM shrank the Cad, Olds and Buicks in 1977, they gave Ford an "in" they FOMOCO exploited to a remarkable degree. Then, when they totally gave up on RWD, front engine V8s in '95, they just handed Ford a great big present. Ford, to their credit, created the Exec series in the 535 package, with heavy duty everything for the livery business, and. with their "L" series in the Exec and Ultima, provide the ultimate in luxury, lotsa legroom in a sedan. I buy Lincoln limos for ease of maintenance and commonality of parts, plus the mechanic doesn't have to learn how to diagnose two different makes. Also, the trannies in the Lincs don't fail like the ones in the Caddys that some other limo guys use.

wow I though caddies trannys were better then the Lincolns

Members online

No members online now.
Back