Newbie with an exhaust question

MykeRyte

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry, but yet another newbie here with an exhaust question. I'm just starting to modify my Black 2002 V8 LS and was curious to see what you guys are running in terms of exhuast modifications. Not looking to debate what's good or bad, just want to see what my fellow LS owners are finding succes with so I can have an idea of where to start.

Just a little bit on my past vehicles are a 1987 Grand National with a Hooker exhaust system that was too much fun with. The most recent was a 1995 Impala SS in which I had an Arizona Speed & Marine CAI and ATR 2 and 4 muffler system. I enjoyed "Runnin with the Herd" for a few years. I am totally loving my LS and feel it performance is exceptional compared with a lot of the luxury sport sedans out there. Thanks in advance for the information.

MykeRyte

MykeRyte said:
Hi,

Sorry, but yet another newbie here with an exhaust question. I'm just starting to modify my Black 2002 V8 LS and was curious to see what you guys are running in terms of exhuast modifications. Not looking to debate what's good or bad, just want to see what my fellow LS owners are finding succes with so I can have an idea of where to start.

Just a little bit on my past vehicles are a 1987 Grand National with a Hooker exhaust system that was too much fun with. The most recent was a 1995 Impala SS in which I had an Arizona Speed & Marine CAI and ATR 2 and 4 muffler system. I enjoyed "Runnin with the Herd" for a few years. I am totally loving my LS and feel it performance is exceptional compared with a lot of the luxury sport sedans out there. Thanks in advance for the information.

MykeRyte

WELCOME TO LVC!

I personally have Borla's cat-back full system on my 00 LS8 Sport and love it. Looks good and sounds good. In terms of headers no one out there makes a special or aftermarket set. Have fun and Good luck!

-Scott- :W

From what I have learner, the X-pipe is the best way to go, but you cant get chambered mufflers with the X-pipe. It will be very raspy unless you like that. The best bang for the buck are the Dynomax Super Flo's. with the straight through design. They still have a rebate going on. I bought 2 mufflers for about $70 after rebate. Then had my local shop put it all in for another $160. X-pipe was about $75. It makes a huge increase in performance from rolling starts and on the highway. It loses some torque down low.

hey ray, is it a loud exhaust sound?

im look into new exhause but i dont wanna be going down the road sounds like my dads AC Cobra! i just want something to increase power but not have a loud sound.
thanks!

I got flowmaster Hushpower II, 2.5-inch pipes, Magnaflow dual tips.
It was too loud, had them put in resonators.
Much better, I like it alot.
I did notice the lack of low end torque but sound and high end torque gain more than made for it. I also noticed increase in MPG in highway.
28mpg at 70mph vs 24mpg.
but in the city, it went down since Im more inclined to floor the gas pedal.
"grow up!" my girlfriend tells me.
haha... NEVER!!!

I have chambered Dynomax Super Turbo's, quiet at idle and part throttle with a low rumble, but very load at full throttle. The car is untouchable on the highway, it picks up and goes. And gets better MPG too.

I went to a local menike - $450

2 x 42443 (flowmaster super 40 muffler) $80.99 each
1 x MAG X-PIPE (magnaflow x-pipe) $89.95
2 x MAG TIPS (magnaflow dual double-rolled tips) $49.95 each
2 x CON PIPES (2.5" piping) $29.95 each
2 x EX-PIPES (2.5" piping) $14.95 each

+ labour $150.

I'm running the Magnaflow system. I love the sound it has. I've heard the Borla and it's got a nice rumble to it as well. However, you can custom build a system like Quik LS did above. It's all a personal preference thing. I'm a dealer for Magnaflow but I haven't got set up with Borla yet. Here's a link to the Magnaflow system:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=15710

Members online

No members online now.
Back