newb needs help with big rims on car

99-SIG-TC

New LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so whats up guys this is my first post/thread and i hope to stay on this forum for a long time, allright so i have a 99 towncar and i want to upgrade the rims to 22"s but everytime i go to a shop they tell they wont fit and that i should get 20's but i have seen a couple of pictures on the internet of towncars with 22s so what should i do, should i just buy 22's and screw what the shops say or should i get 20's, do any of yall have towncars with 22's, if i do get the 22's i am going to get a very low profile tire

First off.....:W to the LvC....

Secondly....I am not a TC owner, but you maybe better off with 20's just because there is more options for the TC with 20's than the TC has with 22's. I looked on a few sites and there is minimal 22's that will work on your car (without adapters....WAY bad.....or that will make the car look like a 4X4). Try Super Buy Tires to see your options between the 20's and 22's. Also, the 22's are pretty expensive too that they have to offer for your car.....hope this helps a bit.......good luck with it though.

My suggestion is to call around and get the actual measurements of the tire size you are goingto go with and start taking measurements to see what fits.

THEN when you know what tire size you are going to go with start looking for rims that not only fit, but will compliment your car and give you the look YOU are going for.Not what OTHER people think look good.Its your money and ultimately YOU have to be happy.
Dont rush it and buy a wheel that just looks OKAY because you found a good deal.Take your time and do your homework and in the end you'll be a very happy camper.

Members online

No members online now.
Back