new wheel/tire recommendations

Can never go wrong with continentals, especially if you live somewhere cold or wet.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Any particular reccomendations for a summer tire that has good wet ratings and isn't high end? I just don't want to be sliding and worrying about braking distances in the rain, as I know some have gotten horrible ratings in wet handling.

The tire guy that I've been going to for over 20 years, based on our driving conditions, thinks that Toyo tires are the my best bet.

Anybody out there with Toyo experience, keeping in mind that we are senior citizens, drive at the speed limit (or less), and our most serious handling situation occurs when we turn into our driveway? (Our annual mileage is down to under 4.000 miles, if that.)

Plus, I still have some at least one more year left in my Blizzak snows.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Any particular reccomendations for a summer tire that has good wet ratings and isn't high end? I just don't want to be sliding and worrying about braking distances in the rain, as I know some have gotten horrible ratings in wet handling.

Heh heh... once again, the Continentals. They stick in rain like glue, and they don't break loose unless you want them to.

I went with the Toyos.

Why? Haven't got the foggiest idea.

But, based on the miles we put on all our cars now, these tires will outlast us, or still have plenty of tire life left if I decide to replace the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back