new trick for the conti

ground_zero298

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
because of the snow i have not been able to get on her at all the last couple months. Well its been dry for the last 3 days so i decided to give her a go. Wanted to try out a top run in 3rd gear. well if u own a conti you know it :q:q:q:qs out at the 3-4 shift around 100mph 4.5k rpm. If you leave it in 3rd it pulls pretty damn hard to 122 mph. when i say hard i mean hard. I got a new trick for the mustang guys this summer :)

Now im pissed i don't have a #2 on the damn shifter.

Just thought id pass that along for the few of us that like to get on the conti's from time to time.

Electronic shift: 1 out of 100 times it will mess up and work right producing one hell of a run. Problem is, the 1 time it works, no one's around to see it.

From what I remember, when I left it on 3rd accidentally, it just hit the limiter and would not go any faster. I will try it but it is pushing 205K, so I am gonna wait a while before I have another car as a back up...lol

If you want 2nd gear just shift out of 1st to 3rd then back to 1st. I tried it and it was in 2nd. That is a old Mustang trick

Yep that works, tranny won't go back into first over 25 mph. 2nd hits 90 mph at 6900 rpm's

Members online

No members online now.
Back