new to the site.. have a question about lse bumper upgrade 2005

Ah, ok. It kinda looks silverish.

I thought the gold just came from the lighting on a lighter color like silver.

Well, it has a ton of silver in it...looks it in sunlight... Its a nice color. We were looking at 2 when we bought a few years ago, the pearl white and this one... my wife chose this one because of the what they called camel tone leather interior.... over the gray in the white.

It looks really sharp when its all cleaned up ... cant wait to get the bumper on... Im going to use some "temporary" fog lights until I get some HID or projector beams.

IMO, just use the stock fog lights. They arent technically even fog lights but just driving lights. The round design on the second gen LSE are even more restrictive to the direction of output.

Personally, when I see those cars with projectors in the fogs only I think they look really out of place.

IMO, just use the stock fog lights. They arent technically even fog lights but just driving lights. The round design on the second gen LSE are even more restrictive to the direction of output.

Personally, when I see those cars with projectors in the fogs only I think they look really out of place.

Im really more looking for the stock HID look...

Right now Ive got some 2.5 inch driving lights off my old truck... never used. but will work till I can find what I need.

Well, I just got done putting the bumper on, no lights or chrome trim yet... When the weather clears I'm going to wheel the car out and wash, polish and wax the car... take some pics...

Thanks for all the help...

82143909.jpg

I wish I hadnt just purchased new tires, or I would be putting some new wheels on it... Maybe, I will just lower it?

Dunno... I do live in arkansas. most roads are nice but get outside of town and its not so hot.

Well, I just got done putting the bumper on, no lights or chrome trim yet... When the weather clears I'm going to wheel the car out and wash, polish and wax the car... take some pics...

Thanks for all the help...

82143909.jpg

I wish I hadnt just purchased new tires, or I would be putting some new wheels on it... Maybe, I will just lower it?

Dunno... I do live in arkansas. most roads are nice but get outside of town and its not so hot.

Nooooo! You dont wanna polish, wax, or seal that bumper just yet. You have to wait for a fresh job to cure a bit more. Let it bake. And when you get that trim, PAINT IT!:D

Wow i didn't even read the part where he said he was getting the trim.

Where are you getting just the trim at?

Thanks...

yeah, hasnt come in yet. Ford dealer. 120 something.

should be in this week.

My wife told me she wants me to tint her
windows.. so guess I'll be doing that soon.

Definitely be doing something about the side skirts...
Ive got paint equipment, I may try and smooth these out
and spray them. or see how much some lse ones will be...
but I expect they will be expensive.

lol. Im not going to polish the bumper or hardly touch it for a month.

I've got some pure detergent for fresh paint from my last paint job on my last truck. I know better! almost learned the hard way. but, thanks for reminding me.

Got the temp lights in place... 50w driving lights.
91891964.jpg

I havent wired these in yet... mainly due to the fact the stocks showed 42w.
I dont want to overload the system and burn up anything... it may handle it.. but, havent had the time to check it all out. may need a relay and a direct 12v

lol. Im not going to polish the bumper or hardly touch it for a month.

I've got some pure detergent for fresh paint from my last paint job on my last truck. I know better! almost learned the hard way. but, thanks for reminding me.

No problem:D

Those temp lights look ok for temp lights. Something about that sounds funny.

I was hoping it wasnt one of those Whale-Marts projector fog light kits. Ohhhh thank god.

No problem:D

Those temp lights look ok for temp lights. Something about that sounds funny.

I was hoping it wasnt one of those Whale-Marts projector fog light kits. Ohhhh thank god.

Haha.. yeah well I cant say its easy finding a 2.5"ish light to fit in the holes... but I did find some at walmart... I thought about it for about 2 sec. nah...

These are some left over lights that came in a kit for my old z71... worked out good. had to fab up a bracket... need to figure out if I can hook them up.

Im looking for either a stock light and or HID for the headlights and fog lights... rainy mornings on the interstate make for heck of alot of fun trying to see the lines... so would be nice to get her more light up front.

Looks good. All you need is a LSE grill and you are set budd.

Yeah, I like those... I'm going to add that to the list.

first got to get the windows tinted, either smooth out and paint the skirts or find some to replace.... maybe some jag wheels.. I like them, but my wife doesnt care... she thinks the 16s are cool. and they look good clean..the firestone firehawk gt tires look good on them.

I never seen street lines better until I got my HIDs, even at night on wet roads. The lines just POP out and reflect. Its really nice. I really like the look of that bumper. Personally I like it without the chrome inserts. But I tend to like classy cars that are less flashy. :)

I never seen street lines better until I got my HIDs, even at night on wet roads. The lines just POP out and reflect. Its really nice. I really like the look of that bumper. Personally I like it without the chrome inserts. But I tend to like classy cars that are less flashy. :)

What are you using?

update on the install... the fender well part that attaches to the bumper didnt match up at all to the new bumper.. so, I fiddled around with it for awhile thought it would be good... turns out that if you dont secure the front splash gaurd secion of the inner fend. that wind will push it down to the ground and force the inner fender into the tire... and the front to the ground... I ended up
drilling a hole in the inside of the new bumper and securing the inner fender to it... trimming off the excess curving it in to miss the tire... worked out well..also secured with screws the fender well to the metal section for more security.

Looks good. All you need is a LSE grill and you are set budd.

well yeah, thats one route to take. but if you want to save a little money, paint over the chrome to color match your grille to the rest of the car. it will match perfectly with the bumper grille black as well. and that way, you wont need the chrome insert :) lol and then you can use some of that money you saved on something fun like Jag wheels or some HID's! :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back