New to the LS...

Ass Hat

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've recently bought a 2001 Lincoln LS V6 with 80,000 miles for $15,000. It's a pretty decent car for what I paid, except for performance. I've already bought a new K&N Filter and it sounds better than the stock air filter. I've been looking around for aftermarket parts and performance parts for the LS, obviously I havnt been looking hard enough. Any "How-to's" threads would be great...Can anybody help me out?

Ass Hat said:
Hey, I've recently bought a 2001 Lincoln LS V6 with 80,000 miles for $15,000. It's a pretty decent car for what I paid, except for performance. I've already bought a new K&N Filter and it sounds better than the stock air filter. I've been looking around for aftermarket parts and performance parts for the LS, obviously I havnt been looking hard enough. Any "How-to's" threads would be great...Can anybody help me out?
That price seems a bit high. Maybe its a local thing. I have a 2002 V6, the k&n works well with the airbox gutting mod. Very easy and gives a bit better response. But keep it mind, its only a 3.0 V6. Not meant for huge power but ample performance.

15K for an '01 w/ 80k!!! WOW and not even a v8. They must be rarities where you are.

Welcome to LvC though, enjoy :).

congrats on your purchase and hope you learn alot here i know i did

Welcome.

Another forum that I am on has the perfect avitar for you...

asshat

I have also just recently bought a 2001 LS but mine is a V8 just wondered if anyone could help me out with performance upgrades. I haven't found very much of anything.

Good place to start is get the intake changed, LSKoncepts.com has a great system for the v8, makes the engine sound creamy in pants good too. Than work on doing the exhaust, those two could give like 20 ponies alone depending on what you get.

Not awhole lot out there to make the LS a powerhouse.

Thanks for all the feedback so quickly. I've also recently stumbled upon $800 (graduation money) and I was thinking about ordering the V6 Intake from LSKustoms mabye a custom exhaust and some clear corners or the angel eyes.

get the intake, change the exhaust, u can get the SCT too if u like.. new spark plugs.. better tires.. there isnt realy much on aftermarket parts on the LS that are primarily on performance.. the only things really available are the obvious things.. intake, exhaust, etc.. best of luck.. and post some pics of ur new car!

Beamer said:
15K for an '01 w/ 80k!!! WOW and not even a v8. They must be rarities where you are.

Welcome to LvC though, enjoy :).

Hang on to them guys. The prices have been easing upward for the past year in KBB and Edmond's.

BanginLS said:
get the intake, change the exhaust, u can get the SCT too if u like.. new spark plugs.. better tires.. there isnt realy much on aftermarket parts on the LS that are primarily on performance.. the only things really available are the obvious things.. intake, exhaust, etc.. best of luck.. and post some pics of ur new car!

What the hell is a SCT?

If I get the Intake from LSKustoms, what kind of hp increase am I looking at? Also, will engine be louder and not sound ricey(sp)?

SCT is "Superchips Custom Tuning"

Basically the top of the line, and only LS, tuning company for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury's.

The SCT Product you'll be looking for is the SCT Xcal 2 - a tuning device with a preloaded tune.

As for the power increase w/ the intake, you may notice a bit of difference in get up and go, smoother excell but for numbers, that is another thing. I would say anywhere from 5 to 10 hp. When I did the filter and tube from LSKoncepts I noticed a big difference and could say it was atleast 10HP, but than again that could be the mind messing around but even my g/f said she noticed abit more power. Regardless, it never hurts to make your baby breathe better.

Members online

No members online now.
Back