new to the ls with wheel question

blk90

LVC Member
Reaction score
so I no longer have my 5 speed mark VII, and I just sold the navigator. Being lincolnless only lasted 2 days. I bought a 2005 ls for my wife but the 16 inch factory wheels make the car look blah.

Is anyone running staggered offsets on their cars? what is the typical tire size you guys are running?

I am wanting an 18 inch rim with a bit of a "lip" in the rear, I guess its fine in the front too. but I like the look of staggered width rims.
anyway correct me if I am wrong but I think the bolt pattern is 5x108? does anyone have a good website in mind for a wheel selection?

so far I like the car a lot. I drove 5 of them on Monday and came home with this one. I really don't think the v8 cars were much quicker then this v6 car. both v8's I drove were 2002 and the others were 2005-2006 v6 cars.
thanks

18 are a nice size to go with , my friend has 18 inch rims on his ls running 245 40 18 all around they don't really stick out of the fender , since u want staggered you would have to get a wider rim in the rear and maybe go with a 275 40 18 in the rear , as for the V8 and V6 difference in speed the 2003 v8s and up are way more Powerful Than The V8 In The Earlier Years , The V6 003 And Up are almost equivalent if not more in power to the 2002 and down v8s, in shorter terms the 03 and up v8 are tops :)

One member was selling some staggered 20s... 8.5 front 10 rear iirc. Perhaps you could find that thread and use those same offsets and widths in 18s. Also, yes, 5x108.

I really don't think the v8 cars were much quicker then this v6 car. both v8's I drove were 2002 and the others were 2005-2006 v6 cars.
thanks

There's your problem. Comparing a gen I V8 to a Gen II V6. If you had compared a gen II V8 to the v6 you would notice the difference. The First generation V8 only had 252hp, and the second gen v6 you have has 232hp so I imagine it wouldn't seem like the v8 was all that much faster. Only 20hp. But if you had compared it to a gen II v8 which has 280 hp then you'd notice a difference. It has 48hp more.

thanks for the replies

There's your problem. Comparing a gen I V8 to a Gen II V6. If you had compared a gen II V8 to the v6 you would notice the difference. The First generation V8 only had 252hp, and the second gen v6 you have has 232hp so I imagine it wouldn't seem like the v8 was all that much faster. Only 20hp. But if you had compared it to a gen II v8 which has 280 hp then you'd notice a difference. It has 48hp more.

yeah I am definitely new to the ls cars. never had one and never drove one until yesterday. always thought they looked good though.

I actually have been thinking about buying myself one. of course mine would be the v8.

if you thinking of getting a v8 ls , get a 2004 and up comes with less issues than the earlier years , although 2003 to 2006 v8s have the same horsepower 280

I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything for the LS with a lip honestly. There are a few that have or had staggered offsets, Hyelife comes to mind as one.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything for the LS with a lip honestly. There are a few that have or had staggered offsets, Hyelife comes to mind as one.

Plenty of wheels can be had with lips... that depends purely upon how much he's willing to spend.

Hi guys been out of the loop for a minute. Check my profile and you will see that I had rim with an two inch lip. The only thing to remember you don't want to go below 38 mm on your offset. The wheels I use to have with the lip had a 35 mm offset and the wheels will sit flush with the fenders which will rub in the back if you hit a big enough bump. Also you won't be able to lower it either.

Members online

No members online now.
Back