New to site

sm77520

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased an 06 Lincoln LS with 130k miles for my son. I believed the seller when he said theres nothing wrong with it. I felt like it was misfiring a little but since I drive a Mustang I thought maybe it was the cams loping. Well its been a month and I have replaced a water pump because of overheating issues, which wasnt a big deal to replace. Make sure you clean the coils on radiator because this one was dirty. Then check engine light came on and i gave me p0452 and p0420. well I replaced coils and cleared code p0420 and let me tell you this car is fast. Now Im doing some reseach for the p0452 which is the evap system. I dont have preesure on the system. I got the car at a good price and the parts I have installed weren't too pricy so I am still happy with the deal. I will try and post pics later. This site has been very helpful. Keep up the good work.

I recently purchased an 06 Lincoln LS with 130k miles for my son. I believed the seller when he said theres nothing wrong with it. I felt like it was misfiring a little but since I drive a Mustang I thought maybe it was the cams loping. Well its been a month and I have replaced a water pump because of overheating issues, which wasnt a big deal to replace. Make sure you clean the coils on radiator because this one was dirty. Then check engine light came on and i gave me p0452 and p0420. well I replaced coils and cleared code p0420 and let me tell you this car is fast. Now Im doing some reseach for the p0452 which is the evap system. I dont have preesure on the system. I got the car at a good price and the parts I have installed weren't too pricy so I am still happy with the deal. I will try and post pics later. This site has been very helpful. Keep up the good work.

Welcome sir/ma'am

welcome, although I doubt the overheating was due to the water pump (unless you heard signs of failure).

Love to see pics sometime

I hope that boy of yours is helping you out with these repairs!!

welcome, although I doubt the overheating was due to the water pump (unless you heard signs of failure).

Love to see pics sometime

I hope that boy of yours is helping you out with these repairs!!

The odds are it was due to some cracks in some of the plastic parts. Replacing the water pump involved refilling and bleeding the cooling system of air. If it starts overheating again in a few days it will be because the cracks have let more air in.

Water pump problems are rare on these cars. Problems with the degas bottle, plastic parts at the front of the engine, and the plastic sections of the radiator hoses are common. The 06s are at the right age for that to be happening now.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. Beware of some light hearted heckling at times. We're a family after all.

The odds are it was due to some cracks in some of the plastic parts. Replacing the water pump involved refilling and bleeding the cooling system of air. If it starts overheating again in a few days it will be because the cracks have let more air in.

Water pump problems are rare on these cars. Problems with the degas bottle, plastic parts at the front of the engine, and the plastic sections of the radiator hoses are common. The 06s are at the right age for that to be happening now.

my thoughts exactly...

Welcome and enjoy your stay. Beware of some light hearted heckling at times. We're a family after all.

WELCOME ... and yeah, don't mind all the crazies around here! (me) :runaway:

Well the water pump was leaking out of the weep hole and it was noisy. Its been about a week and so far so good. It seems like my boy is finally interested in working on cars.

Well the water pump was leaking out of the weep hole and it was noisy. Its been about a week and so far so good. It seems like my boy is finally interested in working on cars.

cool... glad its working. have him read all the sticky's up top... he'll learn a ton

welcome to lvc. post some pics is good that this car seems to get your son interested in fixing cars. if the LS provides a reason for your and your son to spend some time together then its money well worth it. and trust us the LS will provide many and many reasons :) welcome.

Members online

No members online now.
Back