New tires...

JattGary

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just ordered new tires from Tire Rack for the zeus wheels

245/40ZR -18 Sumitomo HTR Z II $105.00 each
285/35ZR -18 Sumitomo HTR Z II $116.00 each

What do you guys think of these tires for this price?

BigPic.jsp

I dont understand why people buy cheap tires. Not a brand I would choose but sizes and prices look good.

Tires

The Sumitomos that I bought for my '02 developed "cupping" after 10K miles in spite of alignment/balancing at installation. They are now noisy as hell. No more Sumitomos or Merchant Tire/NTW Service for this LS owner.

I am a big Sumitomo fan and have had them on some of my past cars. They perform well. You can't go wrong with the prices. The last set i had on my old Mark was the HTR ZIIs. Dunlop actually owns them and Falken is a subsidiary of Sumitomo.

Screw you guys and your $100 tires lol.

I have a mix of tires on my car right now (to my dismay). I bought a pair of Fusion ZRi 245/35/19 for the fronts last fall. This spring I went to order the 245/40/19 for the rears, only to discover that Fuzion does not make that size. So one the rears, I have Firehawk GT's.

im also running two dif types i got 245 general exclaims in the front and wanted to order new rears to relize they no longer make the regular exclaim the only make exclaim utp that have a dif tead pattern i didnt like them too much. i got michelins in the back that i got a good deal on so screw it

Kelly Fierce Instinct ZR 245/45 ZR18 $ 128.20ea Total after tax and shipping $581.18 Fierce is owned by Goodyear. I love these tires, the have plenty of grip and do very well in the rain. No road noise to speak of, and excellent ride.

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/New...r-relaunches-Fierce-brand-with-new-tires.aspx

I like the tread design of them, kinda looks like dunlop sp sport sigs. I'm glad to hear someone is happy w/ fierce tires. We have those at my job and barely sell any, so I thought they were sh*t tires lol

thanks for all of your opinions. Did not want to spend arm and a leg for tires that I will only use in the summer. I'm hoping to have them mounted by next week and on the car.

Bought a set of the HTR Z II's and like mentioned above, after some use, two of the tires developed bubbles on the sidewall. I checked online and it looks like it was a somewhat common problem.

I just bought some BF Goodrich Super Sports, ride great and like the tread design. Total came in just under $700, after rebates and all. To me, the hassle of mixing tires or buying cheap tires just isnt worth it.

I actually really like the Firehawk GT's on the rears of my LS right now. Wonder what those price at.

Members online

No members online now.
Back