New Tires

MikeB

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Before I purchased the LS there was a small vibration around 75mph which got worse as the car sped up.
It ended up being the tires were out of round (I made them switch wheels with another LS to make sure).
So the dealer said if it didn’t stop they would replace the tires.I knew driving them wouldn’t help, but I humored them.

Now the dealership is going to order the new tires.
I mentioned Michelin Pilot 245/45/R17 but he is waiting on my decision.
It doesn’t snow around here and this car won’t see the track.
I want the widest tire possible and a noticeable tred design.

What is the best (reasonably priced) tire?

What size ( 17” rim)?

the two 'lincoln' sizes are:

o OEM 235/50r17

o Lincoln alternate 245/45r17

I use the 245/45 - but my car is lowered so it fills the wheel well ok. if your car isn't lowered the 245/45 may be a little too 'low profile' for the wheel well look.

Try -> http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp to visually see the differences.

MikeB said:
Would a 255/45r17 fit?
nope. the stock 17" rims are 7.5" wide. The 255/45 says it's a 8"-9.5" rim width.

the 245/45 is the widest that fits a 7.5" rim (I believe).

??????????

Quik LS said:
nope. the stock 17" rims are 7.5" wide. The 255/45 says it's a 8"-9.5" rim width.

the 245/45 is the widest that fits a 7.5" rim (I believe).
I work at a tire shop, ill look it up for yall. differnt tire brands have diffrent beads so some might fit. repost after 8, but 17x7.5 it is not likely to work. also look at the dunlop FM901's it is a nice looking tire and are no the low $$$ side.

I run 235/45 on 17x7, so it is a little wide. I had bf goodrich kdw's, but recently switched them out for kuhmo 712's. The kuhmos, in my opinion, handle better and ride smoother. Plus the whole h rated business cause i have a non-sport v8.

I'm looking to drop the LS because the low profile looks a little funny with the big wheel well gap.

255 would prob be a little wide, and will wear the tire faster.

ok I'm back

Ok I checked in a BFG KDWS a 255/45/17 will not fit it needs a 8-9.5 in rim, but A 255/50/17 will fit on a 7-9 in rim so that is your best bet. rember to check fitment on the front befor you go.

I had 255/45's on the stock 17" wheels. They were Falken's. They fit fine, even though the "guide" said 8"+ wide wheel.

Members online

Back