New Tires

i have a pair of kimho ecsta on my modded trans am and in the rain i can literally spin the tires all the way to red line in third gear. On dry pavement they seem to be fine though.

That's what I was afraid of. I love the price of 500, but i need something that will work in snow. Any recommendations?

That sounds like the perfect description of the Avons. IMHO, the Bridgestones are better tires, but they're ~150% the price of the Avons. In the bang for the buck category, the Tech M550s are hard to beat. They're not perfect (for example, they get louder as they get older, at least in my experience), but they're a really good tire at a great price (as far as UHP tires go).

I bumped into another LS owner the other day. Apparently, these size tires behave differently depending on what engine is in the car. I have the 00 V6 and he had the 00 V8 with the same factory 17" wheels. However, we have a very different experience with the same tires (Conti Extreme Contact). Basically, performance in rain and snow. It may help knowing the engine and possibly year when comparing these tires. Anybody have a recommendation on either of these tires with a V6?

Falken 235/50/17 are $125 out the door here in Tarboro. I have never found anyone cheaper for any tire including MT ET Street radials..

I have the Bridgestone Potenza RE040's and spent right around 1k for all four tires after everything was said and done. Good tires so far but I could have definitely used that money for something else.

Members online

No members online now.
Back