New Stripes: U'll Ether Love'em or Hate'em

KC96LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, Like it says. You will really like them or really hate them. I have to be honest, I'm on the fence. People I thought would hate them actually liked and visa versa. So, obviously I have no gauge on it. I think I prefer the single clean stripe. These stripes didn't cost me a thing, so if I decide to go back I'm out nothing. The finish is a Matt Black, like the Chargers have on them.

nelson2-14 (Medium).jpg

nelson2-02 (Medium).jpg

nelson2-03 (Medium).jpg

nelson2-05 (Medium).jpg

nelson2-12 (Medium).jpg

nelson2-11 (Medium).jpg

nelson2-08 (Medium).jpg

HIDS 4 sale_car_interior-30 (Medium).jpg

I actually like the way it looks up close but don't like the clash between the colors. Its probably because of the two tone.

Very cool idea. Is it vinyl?
What does that normally cost to do?

Yea it's vinyl. We figured the time it took to lay it out on the computer and materials, around 500.00

This is what I drew up before I even got started on painting the car. I came close to my first perception of it.

scan0005.jpg

This is what I drew up before I even got started on painting the car. I came close to my first perception of it.

I like that a lot better because of the darker top, just a matter of the colors I guess :D

Delete those pictures, send me $25 so I can go get hammered and try to forget ever seeing them, then remove those vinyl strips and BURN THEM.

(I don't like it :p ) The "before" was much better.

Damn, did someone else piss you off today.:) I don't disagree. But, there are somethings I like about it as well. I do think I will be going back to the 1/2" black stripe though.

When I first saw it I thought nah, but the more I looked at the pics. it really breaks up the two tone and a great job, looks killer!!!:cool: :)

I like those graphics, and would NOT abandon the idea for the 1/2" stripe. They remind me of the muscle car era Mopar strobe stripes, and your design lends itself very well to the shape of the car (not an easy task - job well done). However, the matte black is such a stark contrast to the other colors on the car, it seems out of place and I think that's what's keeping it from working. If the graphics were done in a color that were a variant of one of the other key colors, it would work better for me. Maybe not quite as subtle as ghost flames, but not another color entirely like black. Finally - I'm not sure what kind of vinyl you used, but the matte finish makes me think it's a calendered vinyl. Consider using a cast vinyl. Most cast vinyls have a more shiny finish, which will blend in better with the gloss of your paint. From 5 feet away, it's hard to tell cast vinyl isn't actually paint. It's harder to work with than calendered, but the results are worth it...and it lasts longer.

Geno, Honestly I didn't even think about it. Your right, I should have. I still have to do some finale things to the paint, so it wouldn't be that big of an issue to resolve. Thanks for pointing it out.

JayBay, Yea, I know what your saying, but like you pointed out, I was going for the old muscle car look and I think the Matt Black lends itself to it. I could have put what ever is availible on the market if I wanted to, but I wanted to go this route. I have had a few people speak of different colors, but I think its a very touchy area. It would have to be right on for it to work. I'm really glad I didn't paint the stripes in the car as we were going to do in the beginning. I now have many options availible.

Oh, and Geno, I'm surprised you didn't mention the Cobra facing the other direction. The machine we were using was being a pain and wasn't allowing it to come out right, so we turned it around and whala. He does have one that is correct so If I want to I can change it out.

Whatever you like best, dude - it's your car! In any case, for whatever it's worth, I like it better with the strobe than with the little wimpy stripe. It's a darn sharp Mark that will have no trouble attracting attention.

I think it looks awesome with the black strips!

The cooler isnt my taste but I really like the idea!

Love it I actualy didnt like it before the stripes so I didnt say anything.... now... man its awesome good job.

Those new additions really made the whole packadge. The earlier ones of just the two tone left me a little flat, but I must say I really like what you have now I think it should be a real head turner for you. Nice job

I've warmed up to it.

Definitely delete the antenna, especially if you stay with the vinyl, it is an easy fix.

I would also, (imho) paint the chrome over the front directional lamps the same top color to match the grill and hood.

Members online

No members online now.
Back