new rotor new pads still squeking

pressley

LVC Member
Reaction score
hi everybody, this is old news but maybe someone can help. I bought these set of rotors and the pads to go with them. It is called posi quiet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Linc...rkparms=39:1|65:1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1318

i paid to get them put on, and they been squeaking everytime that i break. the only time i dont hear it is when its raining. i had them looked at and they telling me that its the rotors the type of material that it is made up of and so on but i dont believe it because most of the people on this forum are using it with no problems. so i dont understand this. I was hoping that someone can shine some light on this issue. Thanks in advance.

i can't open any links that have to do with ebay but i can stand by posi-quiet. look at the rotors themselves and how they are installed (direction). that's where i would start

Remove and re-surface rotors. Reinstall and break in pads(light to moderate breaking for 300 miles). If your ride still sounds like a school bus, then order some Akebono Pro-Act pads from Tirerack.com or wherever ou can get them. Also, if you get them from Tirerack, go ahead and order a set of the Valeo wipers, they might still buy one get one free. They are excellent wipers (compare to Bosch Icons) and an even better price (buy 1 get 1 free).

It's in the pads as I have purchased from R1 a few times and have not had any troubles with service or their product. I didn't purchase my pads through R1 only the rotors..

You can send a PM to R1concepts as they are members of this forum.

I'm sure they will help you if the pads keep squeaking.

Ceramic pads may squeak a bit from what I've been told.

Bled mine

Ibled my breaks and got fluid all over everything. no more squeeling!

My new brakes from EBC had a real embarrassing squeal up to about 2500 miles. The squeak finally went away.

hmmm,

Thats odd, Posi pads are usually more quiet than most pads. Not sure if all the zinc platting has weared off on the surface where the pads come in contact with the rotor (usually is the case of the squealing). Try a break in procedure on your vehicle:

0-40 aggressive stop twice
0-60 moderate stop twice
0-40 aggressive stop twice

Drive the vehicle for a good 300-500 miles for the rotors to break in properly.

I have the same issue's, just on the front pads. Recently I pulled them apart again, cleaned everything good, lubed the pins, slides, bushings, pistons and rubber sleeves. also used brake quiet on the back of the pads. working well as of today.

usually squeals are caused by vibrations between the pad and/or rotor and/or caliper piston. there is an uneven contact - the caliper piston bind, slide pins bind, warped rotors, ....

if everything is new - then break-in may be an issue.

Members online

No members online now.
Back