New Pictures of my 81 Mark VI

Glorywagon

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Took me 8 months to to fix it up. Bought off e bay for $350.00 The car was being parted out:eek: . 106,000 miles and 0 rust . No way I was gonna let that happen setting 160 miles from my house. Called the guy and he said he only sold the Radiator. said it had a salvage title also. So I brought it home on a dolly. Eight months later and all I need to do is detail it.Do have to take it to the Highway Patrol for inspection and they will remove the Salvage from the title.:)Don't look like Salvage now.

PICT0028.jpg

i have never heard of removing a salvage from a title, once a car has a salvage title its always going to be a salvage title, what they will do is issue you another title so you can put it back on the road, but your new title will still say salvage, once a title is anything but clear, it can never be cleared again. not legally anyway.

i have never heard of removing a salvage from a title, once a car has a salvage title its always going to be a salvage title, what they will do is issue you another title so you can put it back on the road, but your new title will still say salvage, once a title is anything but clear, it can never be cleared again. not legally anyway.

Arkansas Will remove the salvage from the title with an inspection by HP . Then it will be listed as previous damage on the record of the car only. It will not be on the title. The title will be clear. Thats why I been keeping all the pictures on the car.
I was in the salvage business in Arkansas for 10 years that's why I have so many cars in the field. Was Martin's Salvage And Sales. Greenbrier Arkansas.

I done had the car to the revenue office and picked up all the paper work. If I just wanted to tag the car I don't have to do anything except have the serial number checked, Only because its from out of state.

If it don't have a title in Arkansas you can get a bonded title. Cost you $120.00 That's what I'm doing on my wife's motor scooter.

wow thats cool then, being born and raised in massachusetts you can never have a title cleared there and same in florida here, once a salvage, always a salvage, even if passes inspection by the highway patrol and reissued a new title, it will be in the new owners name but remain a repaired salvage car.

wow thats cool then, being born and raised in massachusetts you can never have a title cleared there and same in florida here, once a salvage, always a salvage, even if passes inspection by the highway patrol and reissued a new title, it will be in the new owners name but remain a repaired salvage car.

You can't do it with a flood car. And I don't thank you should.

Been to the revenue office today and got (antique tags ) for the Mark VI. Cost a total on $14.50
Never have to buy a tag for it again.As long as I live in Arkansas.:)

Well I found the center cap I was missing and had the sun visors upholstered. Getting me a new EasyShare Z1285 Black 12.0 MP 5X Zoom Digital Camera. So maybe My pictures won't be so blurry.
Don't know anything about camera's I sure hope this is a good one.Anyone Know?

Nice :) Not many of us around anymore.Mine doesn't have sunroof.I do have a parts car with one.Your 351 that was mostly a Canadian option wasn't it? Didn't they also had that flunky cab. didn't it?

Nice :) Not many of us around anymore.Mine doesn't have sunroof.I do have a parts car with one.Your 351 that was mostly a Canadian option wasn't it? Didn't they also had that flunky cab. didn't it?

All 1980 Canadian Mark VI's comes standard 351W with 2bbl. But in US, all Mark VI's comes either 302 with CFI or 351W VV carbs.

But in 1981, 351W was dropped for Lincolns...only 302 V8 (2bbl in Canada and CFI in USA) are available.

Yes My Lincoln have power moonroof. My Mark VI's paints are still original. Signature Series ('80 and '81 Mark VI) was rare. carry over from 1979's Mark V Collectors series.

Mine is super rare in Canada.

Jason

All 1980 Canadian Mark VI's comes standard 351W with 2bbl. But in US, all Mark VI's comes either 302 with CFI or 351W VV carbs.

But in 1981, 351W was dropped for Lincolns...only 302 V8 (2bbl in Canada and CFI in USA) are available.

Yes My Lincoln have power moonroof. My Mark VI's paints are still original. Signature Series ('80 and '81 Mark VI) was rare. carry over from 1979's Mark V Collectors series.

Mine is super rare in Canada.

Jason

Jason Really nice MarkVI .Looks like you keep it inside.I keep mine under car port with a car cover.

Jason Really nice MarkVI .Looks like you keep it inside.I keep mine under car port with a car cover.

yes my car keep inside and only my Lincoln need replace the vinyl top...can you pm to me how its done and where to get the correct vinyl?

thanks...

here some new pics of my car:

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

Well I got the title back on my Mark VI and it doesn't say SALVAGE in big red letter's now. But it does say Rebuilt in small black letters now.:) So I wonder what the carfax says now.

WOW! That's a beautiful car!!! I really wanted one of those back when I was in high school but couldn't afford it. Got a 83 Cutlass Brougham instead with the 3.8 V6 :mad:!!! I wanted my first car to be a V8 soooo bad but I also wanted style along with it to.

Members online

Back