New Pics with 5% Tint.

black_lincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got this done yesterday. Looks better to me. Should have tinted it a long time ago. I wanted that strip across the front but he told me he couldn`t because of the rain sensing sensor. i`m still satisfied though.

Last edited:
Yea i know man. i`m taking a chance. i was gonna go with 20% but you could still see everything in the car. i usually play by the book, but this time i`m trying to be a lil rebelious. big step for me.:D You can still see in the car if the light hits it right. hopefully the light is hitting the car right everytime a cop passes.:rolleyes:

Looks damn good man. I can't find anyone where I live that will tint lower than the legal limit of 35%.

Now just Goo-B-Gone the pinstripe and black out the side markers. It'll be blacktastic. Haha.

9enisP said:
Looks damn good man. I can't find anyone where I live that will tint lower than the legal limit of 35%.

Now just Goo-B-Gone the pinstripe and black out the side markers. It'll be blacktastic. Haha.

Thanks alot guys and girl. :) lol, and ye,i`ll make sure i get some GOO-B-GONE the next time i detail haha.. and yea the side marker is probably gonna be next weeks project. the pinstripe might stay though. its silver so it looks good when the sun hits it.

PSSSSSSSSSSSSTT-- VHT SP-999!!
I did my park lamps last weekend and blacked out my chrome window trim with stripe tape yesterday:D Next is the 20's and springs.

looks nice. when i got my 5% on i couldn't believe i didn't do it from day 1.

You can get the front drop done. They just have to cut around rain sensor. I have my tinted past the sensor so you can't really see it.

PGA2B said:
I did my park lamps last weekend and blacked out my chrome window trim with stripe tape yesterday:D Next is the 20's and springs.

sounds good to me. which springs are you planning on going with? and ahh, i didn`t get that first part of u`r post "PSSSSSSSSSSSSTT-- VHT SP-999!! " that still has me lost. lol.

Sorry forgot the pictures. I finally got some pictures of my car online, its a simple car with slight changes but shes my baby

lincoln ls.jpg

lincoln ls2.jpg

daveo said:
You can get the front drop done. They just have to cut around rain sensor. I have my tinted past the sensor so you can't really see it.

after i dropped it off to get it done i thought to myself that i should have asked if he could just cut around it as you said u`r is done but i was kinda sick so i really didn`t want to do anything else. initially, he told me i woul dhave to get the dealership remove the sensor so he could tint it, then have the dealer re-install the sensor. i`ll probably just take it to someone else if i still feel like getting it done. but with this 5% i might need as much light to enter as possible.:D so i might just leave it. and the stock tint at the top f the windshield looks darker also.

black_lincoln said:
sounds good to me. which springs are you planning on going with? and ahh, i didn`t get that first part of u`r post "PSSSSSSSSSSSSTT-- VHT SP-999!! " that still has me lost. lol.
I am going with Sprint Springs. They are trying to get my company to distribute them;) and they are sending me a free set. The VHT comment is for VHT paint and the part number you want. VHT SP-999= VHT Nite Shades.:D

4lincolnsdown said:
Sorry forgot the pictures. I finally got some pictures of my car online, its a simple car with slight changes but shes my baby

looks good man. are you gonna clear the headlights?

If you ever get pulled over, make sure that you turn your dome lights on. 9 times out of 10 if you show that you have no intention of being violent and that you recognize that your tint is dark enough to make cops nervous, they wont write you a ticket.

black_lincoln said:
after i dropped it off to get it done i thought to myself that i should have asked if he could just cut around it as you said u`r is done but i was kinda sick so i really didn`t want to do anything else. initially, he told me i woul dhave to get the dealership remove the sensor so he could tint it, then have the dealer re-install the sensor. i`ll probably just take it to someone else if i still feel like getting it done. but with this 5% i might need as much light to enter as possible.:D so i might just leave it. and the stock tint at the top f the windshield looks darker also.

The only problem with getting it tinted around the rain sensor is you can see it from the outside of the car. And it sticks out like a sore thumb. The folks we had tint our car did this around the brake light. The housing looked like they attempted to take it off cause it was loose, but they got lazy or something. No the car looks like azz from the back side. You really can't tell how bad it looks from this picture due to the sun glares, but it shows up bad. I want to have the rear window re-done, just haven't took the time to take it in anywhere.

Plus with the 5% on the other windows, you'll probably need that front windsheild to give you a little light for your local Barney.

Car back.JPG

postalUT said:
If you ever get pulled over, make sure that you turn your dome lights on. 9 times out of 10 if you show that you have no intention of being violent and that you recognize that your tint is dark enough to make cops nervous, they wont write you a ticket.

good info. thanks alot. will remember.

Boomhower said:
The only problem with getting it tinted around the rain sensor is you can see it from the outside of the car. And it sticks out like a sore thumb. The folks we had tint our car did this around the brake light. The housing looked like they attempted to take it off cause it was loose, but they got lazy or something. No the car looks like azz from the back side. You really can't tell how bad it looks from this picture due to the sun glares, but it shows up bad. I want to have the rear window re-done, just haven't took the time to take it in anywhere.

Plus with the 5% on the other windows, you'll probably need that front windsheild to give you a little light for your local Barney.

yea thats exactly how mine looks from the back. the guy who did it told me he left it bare so that the light can shine thru without any problems. it looks good to me still though. probably not as good as if it was fully done. no complaints from me though. just on to the next project:D

i got my tint on the windshield and the guy just pulled the entire mirror off with that black plastic box around it. tint looks good on the windshield i think. the strip on the windshield took like 5 minutes.

black_lincoln said:
yea thats exactly how mine looks from the back. the guy who did it told me he left it bare so that the light can shine thru without any problems. it looks good to me still though. probably not as good as if it was fully done. no complaints from me though. just on to the next project:D

I've seen them fully blacked in and they look great. My back light doesn't work anyways, but I have the LSE spoiler with the brake light in it, so I don't really see a need in replacing the bulb. I'll definetly be getting mine fixed as well. May even take the brake light out as a whole if it looks good on the inside.

BTW, great looking ride. I've thought about powder coating my stock rims black, but have never priced it. I love an all black car, but with a little chrome. The strip around the windows is enough for me though.

PGA2B said:
NO offense to anyone who has used it but IMHO VHT nite shades SUCKS. I have used it. It dosent lay right and it fades

black_lincoln said:
Just got this done yesterday. Looks better to me. Should have tinted it a long time ago. I wanted that strip across the front but he told me he couldn`t because of the rain sensing sensor. i`m still satisfied though.

It looks great. I envy you! It's great all year round with heat rejection and privacy. However, I covered my brake light. No tint on the windshield. I miss my 5% badly. I got pulled over by the piggies during my lunch break. Came right up to my car with his sensor in hand. I rolled both of my windows down as he walked toward the car. As soon as he got there, he asked me to roll it back up 6 inches so that he could test it. He then issued me a ticket for $140!:mad: I had to get it changed to 35%. If I could do it over again, I would just say "F-it!" and go with the 20%. Too late now.

looks beautiful man... i plan on tinting my side markers too, you sendin them to Jons Tinted Tails? thats what i plan on doin... lookin good! :D

Members online

Back