New person with tranny problems

nympho

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone i am new to this site but have a few questions and hope to get a few answers well here i go I have tranny problems and as i have read the threads i not the only one I have a 2000 ls that has been nothing but a pain in my ass from new engine to now tranny problems. This is the problem my ls tends to shift very crazy and just the other day when i got on the freeway i punched it and the f**ker cut out after the tranny acted like it slipped and rpm went way up to about seven thousand pulled the car over and started it back up and it was fine. The later on in the week it did it again but not all the time. It also shifts in reverse real hard or delay when put in drive. Can this be the solenoid and valve body or do i need a new tranny and how much would the solenoid and valve body be to fix. NEED HELP THIS CAR IS COSTING ME AN ARM AND LEG. :L

wow a nympho huh... r u a guy or a girl... j/k... I am happily married with two fantastic children.

Well I am not proud to say it but I wrote the book on sad tranny stories for the 00 LS. Judging by your description it sounds just like the 4 episodes I have been through during my 4.5 years of ownership. Considering you are out of warranty it might be worth expoloring a new tranny becasue the parst alone are around 900 dollars. The labor and any other superflous BS they can tack on will certainly hit around the 400 to 500 dollar range.

The attraction of putting in a new tranny pays off becasue from what I have larned you can get a 3yr/36k mile warranty on it which obviously could pay for itself in as little as 12 months maybe pay for itself twice.

You should get quotes and measure the merits of both before yo decide. definitely take ti easy on teh car in teh meantime; you don't want to find youself stranded on the side of the hwy in the land of flakes, fruits and nuts... even nymphos can be taken advantage of out there.

yikes! my v6 is acting the exact way nymph described!!!

i hope your wrong, el!! i cant afford a new tranny. i cant even afford new tires yet!!!
:( WAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

If the car is starting to nickel and dime, then you may want to think about trading it in..

blk04lse said:
If the car is starting to nickel and dime, then you may want to think about trading it in..

i would LOVE TO! i still owe what its worth $10,000. i already looked into it. so if i were to trade it in, they would have to add my payoff to the total. and the way this thing runs, they would tell me "your car is rough to accellerate & has problems, since it could be a trans problem we cant give you $10k trade in val... then add about $3000 for taxes, licence x-fer, registration, etc... :Bang
i'm stuck with it, unless i can save about $6,000 for a down payment.

it kills me to see that they can sell this car for as much as 17k on a used car lot and the FMV is less than 10K

I have a 2000 Ls/w a 3.9 My trans went from 5th to 3rd and the check transmission code came on. The D5 then went to E. I took it to the Dealer and it came back a 0795 code/solenoid c. I had the solenoid replaced and the speed sensor. The car shifts from D1-D3 great, it skips 4th and goes to 5th. It drives great thru all 5 gears when it first starts up.
I have took it to 2 seperate dealerships, 1 said it is electrical and the other said it is a spring or a servo. What should I do?

AAMCO replaced the tranny in my '01 Sport for $1600. That was 50K miles ago...

i would LOVE TO! i still owe what its worth $10,000. i already looked into it. so if i were to trade it in, they would have to add my payoff to the total. and the way this thing runs, they would tell me "your car is rough to accellerate & has problems, since it could be a trans problem we cant give you $10k trade in val... then add about $3000 for taxes, licence x-fer, registration, etc... :Bang
i'm stuck with it, unless i can save about $6,000 for a down payment.

how the hell can you owe 10K on a 10 year old LS? it might be worth 4 to 5K on a great day. you got boned!!

how the hell can you owe 10K on a 10 year old LS? it might be worth 4 to 5K on a great day. you got boned!!

Common sense would cause one to look at the post date. When he posted that, it was only five or six years old.

I have a 2000 Ls/w a 3.9 My trans went from 5th to 3rd and the check transmission code came on. The D5 then went to E. I took it to the Dealer and it came back a 0795 code/solenoid c. I had the solenoid replaced and the speed sensor. The car shifts from D1-D3 great, it skips 4th and goes to 5th. It drives great thru all 5 gears when it first starts up.
I have took it to 2 seperate dealerships, 1 said it is electrical and the other said it is a spring or a servo. What should I do?

Okay, first I assume that you mean P0795. The letter in front of the code is important, and shouldn't be left off if you want good help.
The problem could be electrical or mechanical, but I'd go with "the other Ford shop" because when this code comes up on a Jaguar S-type, it is often the spring. You may find it in three or four pieces.

Experience, training, intelligence, and attitude are all more important than what scan tool is used.

[Since you posted it so many times...]

Members online

No members online now.
Back