New Mod Testing w/ Scantool Q&A

NickLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Actually, this is a two part question, one is for testing a mod, the other is a basic do-it-yourself fix.

If you could answer some or all of the questions below I would very much appreciate all the help.

1) I have the autoenginuity tool (no advanced options purchased) and I am recieving one of ken's V8 intake tubes to replace the stock.

--Using the A.E. tool, or any diagnostics tool, what can I monitor and record to test to see if I am getting any gains by using the new tube? Other than using the speed tool to find run times.. but what about the scan (diagnostics) tool?

2) My third tail light inside the cabin went out. I've misplaced my maintenance DVD, I need to know how to take off the cover and replace the light. Do you or can you know/send the instructions on how to do this?

All you answers and help are appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
-Nick

As for #1 I don't think there is anyway to see your increased performance except for the "run" mode. I suppose you could monitor IAT temps before and after to compare?

I have a scan tool, I just need to know of some parameter to look at. If I had an exhaust, I would know to look at the O2 sensors, etc... but not sure what to look for in the intake. Oh well, looks like a couple of pre-/post-install runs down a busy street!!!

Any ideas on how to change out that third tail light?

NickLS said:
2) My third tail light inside the cabin went out. I've misplaced my maintenance DVD, I need to know how to take off the cover and replace the light. Do you or can you know/send the instructions on how to do this?

-Nick

the center tail light cover is tough - you push down and slide back - it's very tough but be careful not to snap off the tabs.

Members online

Back