New Mk VIII owner

Davegp

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys - I recently saved a '95 Mk VIII (base version) and noticed 2 fuel lines disconnected (when I got it up high enough- bags are gone) by the passenger side under the rear bumper and can't tell what they would fit into - any ideas?
Thanks

NVM. I think I know what you are talking about. Pretty sure those are for the evap system/fuel tank venting. I just remembered I had to move mine out of the way once while installing a hitch to the underside trunk area on the car.

They should be capped on the end. Was something like 2-4 tubes with hard 90 degree bends IIRC.

I think you are right - the entire rear evap tanks and shroud are missing leaving a pair of open hoses....

I don't know if those hoses should be left open. Is the purge solenoid still hooked up? You should unplug it and cap the hoses or else you may have a vacuum leak. At least that's my understanding. I'm not a mechanic per se, I just witnessed the miracle of the horseless carriage at the World's Fair and even saw it in a moving picture show. That Buster Keaton is going to be a sensation.

Members online

Back