new member from dallas!!... 2v to 4v swap in progress!

Reaction score
Hey whats going on people? 28 y.o. , 6 year Army vet, freshly back in freedom! YOUVE BEEN WARNED! 6 y.o. daughter, newly-wed dec, 19 2011!

I have an 03 gt, that is getting a heart transplant from my grandmothers 95 lincoln mark viii.. just so happens that i spun a bearing in my 2v, and she was about to scrap the poor lincoln! so i jumped in like suer man, and hollered out, "nooooo granny, nooooooo!"... and the motor was mine =).. minus all the plastic accesories & covers up top... =(

i also joined this site because a lot of the mustang guys are douche :q:q:q:qing bags. period. ecuse my french, but the truth is the truth... ive read some forum threads here, and it seems like most people would rather help than flame, or act like gay highschool glee clubembers! (sorry glee club!)

nevertheless, any help you guys can provide during this swap will surely help... the main 2 questions i have are, 1. will i be able to use this motor in my musang w/ this intake w/ the rear throttle body,or should i source a 96-98 cobra intake? and 2. if it where to work as-is, WHERE THE HELL CAN I FIND AN INTAKE?!

here are some pics as my car sits right now.....

carup1.jpg

carup2.jpg

i popped the ignition plug wire out of the first hole, and a band of about 20 rabid ants commenced attack formation on me... i sprayed their asses with some raid.... that took care or that.... looks like they where just chilling under the cap.. as nothing was in the area where the actual spark plug was....

mark8motor.jpg

mark8motor2.jpg

and heres what my car looked like before the rims were stolen.....

car2.jpg

hm never saw this thread..Mustang looks good, even with the old cobras on there, not sure about the swap you're attempting, the 95 was the OBD1 system and the stang is OBD2..so the computer and everything emission related would probably have to be pulled from the mark as well unless you salvage a bunch of parts from an OBD2 96-98 mark..ask around and start a thread under the "lincoln vehicles" and "mark viii" you'll probably get more responses and info there. Eitherway good luck and post some updates!

Hey, damn, whats up guys?

I didnt even know one other person posted, apologies! but Ive been working like an Egyptian pyramid building slave! I have made some progress (switched the motor over to coil on plugs, newer style intake), and thanks for the compliments and advice, I will def. Try to get around to moving/making a new thread in another part of the forum, or would it be easier for a mod to do?

Members online

No members online now.
Back