New Member Ashby Mass.

32 Chevy vett

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'am 68. A retired die maker. I have been into street rods from the age of 13.
I done my first street rod at 18 a 31 Ford coupe with all corvette running gear.
My car list now is
32 Chevy Roadster Corvette L-98 engine 700R4 Dana I.R.S.
65 VW Bug Ground up restoration.
24 Model T Ford Ground up restoration.
Now working on a 36 Ford turdor. This has a 97 Mark VIII carb. engine with a
Built C4.

Welcome to LVC! Try photobucket.com, super easy to post pics through there.

Welcome to LVC.

Nice list of hot rods.

Photobucket is what I use.
Why are you going with a c4 on the turdor?

At 68 you better get busy with that list :)

Photos

Hay Ford nut. Kool it with the old age jokes. I will use the C-4 because it came with the car. And it had a new Lokar shifter with it. And I have a friend that put in all heavy duty parts. ( Free) IF this don't work out. I still have the Mark trans. I know is the best ford ever made. I swapped a Model T for the 36. It had all new front end parts. But it had a 302 with a front sump so the engine was set back to far. I wanted to keep it all ford. The Mark has a rear sump plus its aluminum. I setup the engine up with the MSD #6011 ignition control. This got read of all the wires. Photo bucket would not take my code name. And I will not change it. I will take sum photos on e-mail size and try them.

Photos

Hay Ford Nut. I set my camera on E-Mail size photos and that worked. I can't
show you my 32 Chevy roadster or the 36 turdor yet. I have to wait for a good day to take more photos. This is a real cool site. I just have to learn how to get around in it.:confused:

Justkidding about the old jokes. :)
PM me and I can help you with the photobucket account.
My pops brought this home at the ripe old age of 65.

plymfield.jpg

The car now....

35front.jpg

Pic of the "shop"

p_00103.jpg

wow cool looking intake, i have a buddy down here in florida, his dad built a rat rod with all mark drivetrain, it has a carb on it too and someone hand built the intake, i have yet to go see the car in person though, but your motor just looks so cool with the carb ontop!

Photos

If you guys want to see photos. Google Building a 32 Chevy roadster.I found this by mistake. They have my whole build on there. Look at the bottom of the listing for Hotrodders.com. When this comes up hit my gallery. They have all of my cars,my garage. Shows you name it.

photos

Hi BAD97LSC
Marvin Reever From 625 Burton street Henderson Nevada 89015
built this one. He only builds them for the 93 to 97 Mark engines.He is into boat racing now. The engines work great in boats because of the light weight and high torque. You can see him on You Tube.

photos

This is my first street rod 1960. It had a 57 corvette 283 with 270 h.p. 327 f.i. heads.
A 3 speed close ratio corvette transmission.
57 chevy rear end with 4:11 limited slip.
All chrome front end.
One of the very first metal flake paint jobs. (26 coats get this $125.)

Don's Hotrod_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
by the way, i myself am from massachusetts also. not sure where ashby is, but i grew up in western mass in a town called easthampton. not far from springfield mass.

i see now you are just north of fitchburg, you are actually not far from where i am from, maybe an hour and a half. you arent very far from amherst mass. i worked for a guy for years, he owns M&M service center in my town, he's a big street rod guy too,he still has a few that he had when i was a kid! he has a 32 ford 5 window i believe it is, with a blown chevy small block, and he has a 30's something chevy just like the red one in the old zz top video, same car, that has a blown small block chevy also, and he has a 65 chevy pick up 4x4 with a cadillac northstar 4.6 in it!

Yes I know Easthampton I lived in cummington a few summers as a kid in the 50's.
I can remember going to a garage in easthampton with my uncle. When I was 15. The owner had a 34 ford coupe with a engine from a P-51 fighter. I think he said. I was in ore.
I had never seen anything like that before. It's cool how you meet people no matter were
you go. That know people you know or know your town. Florida is great for that.

Members online

Back