New LS owner here, with long cranking issues.

Look on the BBB website for shops in your area that have good ratings. Yelp would be another site to look at for shop ratings. There are many review sites online

Or... If you find a few shops near you... you can type in "xyz auto repair any good" in the Google search bar. Reviews should come up.

Frankly, $400 is not nearly enough to correctly fix the cooling system. The parts have to be OEM, and you have to replace them all.

Well evidently $400 is (more than) enough for the shop to charge... to replace the thermostat (and maybe the housing)... and nothing else.
Especially if the parts come from Accident Zone.

#ripoff

Being a 2002... it has a thermostat housing that is known to fail. The gasket too.

I believe both of those parts are obsolete from Ford. There is an "upgraded" version available through Jaguar.

So if the shop knew to contact Jag for the part... and that is what they plan on installing... then they MIGHT be legit.

I would ask them where they are getting the T-stat and housing from. If they say Ford... I doubt it.

If they say from a local parts store... you are being billed $400 to install junk.

If they actually tell you that the parts are coming from Jag... the they migjt be ok to deal with.

And don't ask them if the parts are coming from Jag. Make them tell you that. And if you don't see a brand new shiny aluminum T-stat housing (marked Jaguar) on the engine... then you caught them in fraud.

Well... I was wrong about that one. Not the first time... and won't be the last.

All these years I was thinking that the aluminum housing was a Jag upgrade on the Gen 1... not aftermarket.

Oh well.

Yikes...this thread made it to the newsletter. My apologies everyone. This thread kinda turned into a "everything that's wrong with my Lincoln LS (spoiler, there are a lot of things wrong with it)".

Yikes...this thread made it to the newsletter. My apologies everyone. This thread kinda turned into a "everything that's wrong with my Lincoln LS (spoiler, there are a lot of things wrong with it)".
This forum used to be a lot more active. It makes sense, the last LS was made 15 years ago, and there weren't that many of them made at that.
Anyway, don't apologize for helping to keep this forum going.

Members online

No members online now.
Back