New Lincoln Owner, New to the Board

Phazer1000

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce my self as the proud owner of a 2002 Lincoln LS. I have been viewing this board for about a week now for research in my new purchase and have finally decided to sign up. It looks like a great place and the technical information has been a real help. I am a MECP certified installer (car audio), so I am more then willing to help out on any electronics questions anyone may have. Here are a few pictures of the new LS.

Jeremiah

IMG_1711_1.JPG

IMG_1712_1.JPG

IMG_1719_1.JPG

Nice Ride! Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoy your LS as much as I have mine! This board is an awesome resource of knowledge on any LS question you might have....not me, but this board <GRIN>

Welcome to the BEST site many great LS owners here!! Congrats on your purchase I know you're going to enjoy the LS!! Glad to have you aboard!!
Your car looks gorgeous!! Can't go wrong with black!!

Hello Phaser,

Wow, you could be the guy with the answer. I just bought an '05 LS with the Audiophile 6-Disk changer (12 speakers/180 watts). Do you know if the door speakers are 2 ohm or 4 ohm?

Thank you,
Ed

Welcome, nice ls. Grab a chair and beer and stay awhile(I don't drink).

EdGotHisLS said:
Hello Phaser,

Wow, you could be the guy with the answer. I just bought an '05 LS with the Audiophile 6-Disk changer (12 speakers/180 watts). Do you know if the door speakers are 2 ohm or 4 ohm?

Thank you,
Ed
Just disconnect the harness and put an ohmmeter on one.

EdGotHisLS said:
Hello Phaser,

Thank you,
Ed

Thanks for all the "Thanks" guys!! As far as the ohm load it should be 4 ohm, usually its Bose who gets wacky and does the 2 ohm speakers. You won't be able to meter it out at the deck because of the amp attached go directly to the speaker, but they are probably 4 ohm.

I have noticed that when I turn on my A/C that I hear a ticking noise coming from my drivers wheel well. Anyone have this ticking? I thought it may be coming from the compressor as it is directly related to the on/off of the a/c, didn't know if this was a normal thing with Lincolns. Just to be safe i am taking it back to the dealer on wed. to have it looked at.

Jeremiah

Is it when you turn on the AC or the ventilated seats. The ventilated seat motors I find to be noisy and make a ticking noise.

beaups said:
Is it when you turn on the AC or the ventilated seats. The ventilated seat motors I find to be noisy and make a ticking noise.

Hummmmmm..... I have heated seats, not sure I have ventilated seats. It is for sure the A/C, I just checked it.. A/C on - ticking, A/C off - no ticking..... I guess i will see what the dealer says. (he better say its free, hahaha)

Jeremiah

Members online

Back