NEW Lincoln LSBox

Pretty much,... even beter IMO. And once you get it running it has loads of extras for the PC. I just get some new music on the PC and I noticed the Windows Media Center ruined everything. It mixed up all my albums seperating them and makeing new albums for songs that are in one album. With the music scraper on XBMC it gets all the info up in seconds and is almost 95% accurate.

Put it this way I use a torrent site and get movies and shows and instead of watching them on the monitor or putting them to disc I watch them on the 42" HDTV . Not only will it work with HDTV settings but t will upconvert. I watched a old DVD of Better off Dead the other day and it looked like a brand new movie!

If you people are into extra media in your car besides just music I recomend doing a search on this. For the cost of a XBOX these days ( 60$ used at Game Stop ) you cant beat it.

this has got me thinking now...too bad the HD-DVD drive is obsolete for movie watching. but that's not the reason I'd want it anyway. I want a way to bring media stuff into my car but I don't want to have to buy an iPod.

So how is does the XBOX output the sound throught the car's speakers? similar to plugging in an iPod to the factory deck?

Well when you can store what ever you want to in the HDD nothing is obsolete about it at all. You could also swap out the DVD drive on a modded XBOX. I just swapped out my crappy Thompson drive last night for a Samsung so I can pop in any type of disc's ( DVD/DVD-R/CD/CD-R/DVD-RW etc...etc. ).

I wont put one in my LS but I have been thinking about it for the Highlander since thats what we use most of the time when we go out with the kids.

As far as Audio. I'm sure thats easy. But I have not been that interested just yet to gain that much knowledge as far as car installation goes. I am sure its just like hooking up the composites to any other system with monitors.

If your looking for just music I would suggest somethig else since you would need to view a screen.

This thread made me miss my modded XBOX, alliteration is fun. My girlfriends 8 year old brother broke my second one. Media Center is the sh!t. Networking comp to xbox to tv is awesome. Beats the hell out of the 15" laptop screen.

Here's where I have my PS2 right now. I still have to hardwire it to a power supply, as evidenced by the converter in the cig lighter. The rear lighter was not an option on my 2000 model. When I swapped the console, I tapped into the front lighter to supply the power for the rear one. All wires are hidden under the carpet.

My problem is I can't find a better spot for it. I need it accessible enough to pop in a video game (for when the girlfriend is driving :D) Any of you guys have a game system in your cars (other than L.Ls)

P9160368.JPG

P9160366.JPG

P9160376.JPG

P9160370.JPG

P9160371.JPG

Aren't you worried about someone stepping on/kicking the PS2? Guess that's what the minibat is for.

Well pektel, the PS2 is not as diverse as the XBOX but with the right know how you can do some cool thing to it as well.

If you do a search and read up on some mod chips you can also get the right stuff to add a external hard drive to it via USB and dump games on to the external HD and just keep it ( the PS2 ) tucked away somewhere safe as long as the AV cables are long enough.

dave:

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Right now if someone were to ride in the back, I'd just unplug it. I was even thinking of rigging up a sliding tray that locks in both the open and closed positions, so that way it could stay under the seat.

The minibat is for all the :q:q:q:qing haters :D

jwerner:

right. I know it's not as diverse as the xbox, but I had it sitting around the house, and I never have time to play it any more, so I figured it'd be a fun add on in the car. The av cables might reach to the back of the rear seat. I might be able to run it all the way back there. But then I'd have to find IR sensors to send the signal for the wireless controllers.

Logitech controllers might work but even still with the slim you might be able to just shove it further under the seat.

Also if you boot from a HDD you can put it in a place like the driver or passenger seat spare compartments that face the rear seats. If you boot from HDD you don't need to worry about accessing the DVD/CD rom.

The only thing I'm worried about is the vents that are down there, and the amount of heat being blown directly onto the PS2 in the wintertime.

Oh, and I have no idea how to mod gaming systems. I also have no idea as to what that HDD or whatever would cost.

Well you can improvise with the cooling issues but as far as modding goes its very easy!!!!

Just do a google or check out afterdawn.com. As for the HDD all you need is a cheap used one for say around 127gig's. Get a cheap external case and IDE to USB adapter and your set.

Of course you can still have fun with it the way its setup now but the things I mention are just to make things a bit easier on you so they can be looked into in the future if you get more serious about it. Also the external HDD extends the PS2's life 100%!!!!

As for the HDD all you need is a cheap used one for say around 127gig's.

Not 126 gig.

Not 128 gig.

127 gig is what you want! :D

Looks like a pretty cool setup there, Pektel!

I'm not familiar with the wireless controllers for the PS but perhaps what you'd be looking for is an IR extender. Google that. They're pretty cheap and some are small enough. Like this: New Egg

I really don't know what I'm talking about here. I'm simply living vicariously through you guys...

instead of using IR controllers you should use RF controllers, that way you dont have to worry about line of sight! i used a set of controllers from pelican and they performed awsome from the trunk of my mark, i was able to mount the receivers inside the Xbox case so their isn't anything extra hanging around outside the case and the controllers where big enough that i took apart a wireless doorbell and put the tranmitter and a extra button to the controller and put the receiver in the Xbox with a relay in place of the chime, on the power button so that i could turn it on from the controller.

I use the clear game stop controllers with the dongle inside the XBOX and they work OK. The thing with those ones is that when I go around a corner they don't work as well ( just a experiment I did ) but with the dongle outside the XBOX they work from anywhere. Those dongles are fu*king huge and ugly as hell!

1LoudLS, check your PM.

Members online

No members online now.
Back