NEW Lincoln LSBox

L.Ls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i had an xbox around the house an so i though i do something cool to put it in my ls ?

DSC04301.JPG

DSC04302.JPG

DSC04303.JPG

DSC04304.JPG

All I can say it you better get a big power supply, the xbox is power hungry.

nice, great xbox mod haha.

hey here where it is going ! this what i got do ?! not done yet !!!

DSC04305.jpg

DSC04306.jpg

at least with a hacked Xbox you dont need to carry any game disc around with you.

uhhhhhhhhhhhh it looks bad buddy. maybe mount in trunk so u can see when lid is up

put it under the seat, chop the glove and fit it, or if you must cut holes to fit it put it in the back seat arm rest and just widen it up so it fits in the trunk and also is functional from the interior......or in my opinion if you wanna do something easy just get a ps1....that should fit almost anywhere.

not hating, just the location isnt functional or asthetically pleasing

You could do a lot with a modded XBOX. And when I say Modded I don't mean just looks.

I do all kinds of crap with mine, I have one in the living room and few around the apartment like in my kids room and our bedroom with a softmod networked to my PC with wireless routers. I download movies and TV shows and use it to watch them on the big screen rather than the PC monitor with a application called XBOX Media Center. They aren't hard on power at all either. I know a lot of people that tear the power supply appart and make ones from scratch to fit in home made cases just for cars and such. You could upgrade the HDD on a modded XBOX and dump movies and games directly into it as well as music with a simple FTP client. If you have monitors in the car its pretty cool to have all that stuff just for the hell of it I guess. If you are good enough with PC's its like having a older laptop but better. Lots of kids under the age of 17 make tons of stuff for the XBOX software wise and so forth.

L.Ls check out this site,... it looks like you might have allready....xboxscene.com.

L.Ls, if you arent allready modded and want to know more PM me.

Do you have XBOX Media Center? Its the sh*t!!! Life would be rough with out it here at home:D

That's what I was thinking he was going for, too. A couple monitors for games and movies. I'm assuming with the Media Center mod you can play music as well?

Will it be hooked into the car's stereo system? I'm diggin the concept but maybe not the location. There's already enough blind spots in the car, I don't need another one. Or a theft magnet!

That's what I was thinking he was going for, too. A couple monitors for games and movies. I'm assuming with the Media Center mod you can play music as well?

Will it be hooked into the car's stereo system? I'm diggin the concept but maybe not the location. There's already enough blind spots in the car, I don't need another one. Or a theft magnet!

The Media Center is the sh*t! It will pay almost every format of video and sound. Its something that you have to get into to see what its about. It has web browsing capabilities so you can scan all the media be it music, pictures movies, TV shows,... what ever and it will look it up on a scraper from certain sites like IMDB. It will the display cool info on the media selected as well as thumbnails for easy look up in the library/catalog. I grew out of video games and wanted to do something with mine for the kids a few years ago. I had it modded with 300g HDD and just stumbled on the Media Center. Its actually pretty big if you ask around.

I also dont think thats the best spot for it.

I think he should look around on that site. There is ways to completely remove the need for the DVD drive and slap laptop hard drives in it so you can then cut the actual case up to make it smaller and slim. I would look into that and maybe store it in the golve box and do away with the disc changer since you know could have something to store way more media of many types.

if you put at least a 250gig hard drive in it you have room for all the music you can ever get and still have room for about 100 games. then since you will not be using the optical drive you dont have to worry about the direction that it is mounted and you can mount it anywhere like behind the carpet in the trunk or under the spair tire, just get wireless controllers and run a switch to turn it on and off, hacked Xbox FTW.

Yeah the only thing that sucks is that you cant turn it on with a remote but it could be turned off. You can get IR receivers or make one and use a universal remote and a custom key map but you need modchips for that.

IIRC some/most wireless controllers have hard times working through out the car like that if you have it placed in the trunk,.... something with to many obstructions but I could be wrong. I know the standard Microsoft XBOX DVD playback remote dont turn the XBOX on and even if you are right next to it and someone is in between its a bit buggy getting it to work.

The Media Center is the sh*t!

Is the X Media Center similar to the Windows Media Center (MCE)? I guess I could look it up.... I'm using an MCE box for all of my DVR activities. No need to pay for one from the cable/sat/TIVO people. This way I've got a PC for other things as well all connected to a 42" plasma. It's not my main computer in the house but it's nice to have the capability to look up something real quick instead of running downstairs, loging on, etc etc.

anyway, sorry about the rambling... So how is he gonna output the sound throught the car's speakers? similar to plugging in an iPod?

Members online

No members online now.
Back