new lincoln continental

This is as far as I got..
"No, it's almost certainly not rear-wheel drive."

Elements from the new S-Class Coupe in the rear, front seems inspired by the Jaguar XF.

I feel like this could be the GEN 3 LS. I see so much of its styling in this concept.

I feel like this could be the GEN 3 LS. I see so much of its styling in this concept.

My dad told me the same thing... More LS than Continental. I see a 300C body kit on a Taurus with a Kia grille

I wouldn't count out the RWD possibility just yet. Remember the new Mustang platform was designed to be flexible to accommodate various length cars. The proportions suggest RWD. Also, Ford already has the 2.7L EcoBoost V6 in a RWD application in the F-150. It isn't a stretch to imagine this new 3.0L is merely a larger displacement version of that. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427803570.074308.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427803570.074308.jpg

It's interesting and shows promise...hope it goes RWD to compete at least somewhat with GM. Tired of the Ecoboost stuff, tho...:rolleyes:

Is that a bad thing? The Kia K900 is the modern Town Car afterall. Drive one last fall. Brilliant car.

I agree with one of the above comments. I thought Chrysler 300C immediately when I saw this thing....however, I can't say I don't like it :)

Forbes magazine just came out with their "Worst 15" for quality, reliability and depreciation as determined by JD Power and ALG. As in the past Lincoln continues to lead the pack with two models on the list- MKS and MKT. The new "Continental" looks great but will be rotten on the inside. You may as well take your money and throw it away.

That is an awfully bold statement for a platform we haven't even seen a production variant of. For starters...the MKS and the MKT are both based on the OLD Volvo XC90 platform based Ford Five Hundred and Freestyle. Those cars platforms (Five Hundred and Freestyle) were designed and cheapened during the lead-in to the worst economic downturn our generation has ever seen. Anything they have done to that car has merely been a "dress up" to try to get them past that point in history. This new Continental concept appears to be a departure from all of that. Take care in your proclamations before we have seen the finished product.

The rear is actually acceptable, not bad compared to what Lincoln has recently put out. The side profile goes well with the rear, I don't like the front grille too much though but I will say it is better than the ugly bkg whale grilles they have been putting on Lincolns these past years. Its good to see a change in direction from designing a whale on wheels to an actual car.

I'm going to need all the chrome to be color-matched. We need confirmation that there are no plastic cooling system parts. This thing should definitely come with switchbacks and halos. Also adjustable coilovers and multiple wheel options. On the first GEN can we get some storage and an acceptable fvcking sized cupholder please!!!!!!! geesh

Members online

No members online now.
Back