new KKM CAI!

lincoln00

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
100_5971.jpg

100_5970.jpg

100_5964-2.jpg

as you can see i still have a stock intake from the MAF to Throttle body... anyone have any ideas for this... or has anyone tried anything... I think i saw ILLS with a nice one but i cant find the PIC or any INFO on it........

Snap some shots of the filter itself.

the part that is all jagged is where i used the torch to cut it out
d6d9c64c.jpg

cd01c005.jpg

here is the filter through the lower grill by the head light
e267fc56.jpg

40bed67a.jpg

here it is from underneath the car
b30351b8.jpg

well now that i looked at these pics i see some more cutting i need to do...

You should get a KKM filter or similar in design since it has that tapered hole down the top. More surface space as well as more room for air. That would work good with what you just did.

i'd hate to be you when you have to remove it every time to clean it. i hate taking off my KKM in my 1st gen and its easily accessible

the filter says K&N and when i received my MAF housing after purchasing it off Ebay and that sticker was on it, i said the same thing! LOL! haven't take the time to take it off... I will probably change the filter one of these days... but I'm not to worried about.

oh when it comes to cleaning the filter... all i have to do is take the lower clamp off the elbow... take out the 3 screws that hold the wheel well to the bottom of the bumper... and its out!

i think i'm going to buy this one...
http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/kkm-truerev-sport-induction-kit-replacement-filter-p-254.php

the filter says K&N and when i received my MAF housing after purchasing it off Ebay and that sticker was on it, i said the same thing! LOL! haven't take the time to take it off... I will probably change the filter one of these days... but I'm not to worried about.

oh when it comes to cleaning the filter... all i have to do is take the lower clamp off the elbow... take out the 3 screws that hold the wheel well to the bottom of the bumper... and its out!

i think i'm going to buy this one...
http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/kkm-truerev-sport-induction-kit-replacement-filter-p-254.php

that's super cheap, but why not just clean it? is it beyond cleaning? how long have you had it?

I like that, that filter is open on the front of it... and it is smaller and cone shaped unlike the one I have now... the filter i have now is still in good shape but is harder to get in and out of the place its in now!

Thats what I was getting to. It looks like you could have some very minor restrictions (might not be much to worry about) as far as air but with that KKM filter since it is open at the top and tapers down like I said it will allow more air that may be lost around the sides of the filter rather then cutting up more of the car.

lol but using a torch is fun...... yea ill probably wait on cutting more off till after i have the KKM filter

I found a nice Accel blue and black Cone filter i like on Ebay and a K&N filter "sock" or wrap what ever you want to call it... I believe lsv8sport had it on his front mount filter setup he had.........

This is what I started to do, but after seeing how low the filter was to the ground, I killed that idea. I still need to order a 45 degree elbow to point the filter towards the corner of the bumper so that I won't have more of a concern driving in the rain.

Nice work, though. :Beer

yea im thinking of putting the short ram back on for now... till the rain season stops...

I thought about doing another 90 degree to face the filter straight at the bumper but it will lower the filter even more!! I found a couple filter on line that have abuilt in 45 that might work but i dont really know

its about time someone else cut a hole like that and got the filter away from the engine. i cut mine with a recip saw about 5 years ago. used piping from a prelude to replace all stock piping. not the coolest looking because i never took the time to make it pretty but its veeeery functional and my car gets driven hard everyday.you can clean up your cut edge with a file and then slit a vaccum hose and put the open end around the cut like a grommet. the restrictions are after the maf in the air silencer and accordion like tubing. my filter is visible by my front tire and ive never had a problem even with the car being lowered 2.5 inches in a rain storm.it does get dirty quick but you clean it alot, so what. good job. with an intake like this and my exhaust my car dynoed more horse at the wheels then the car was rated at the flywheel from the factory. and thats on a stock tune. kkms are overpriced nonsense. dont waste your money unless you just want the sound of air sucking in.
102_0712.gif

102_0714.gif

sorry for crappy pics took them in the dark and the weather is crappy here. my filter is good and dirty but we just dynoed it like that.lol.

I did this same thing on my 2000 LS... this isn't the second one made

what happen to your wheel well???

I did this same thing on my 2000 LS... this isn't the second one made

what happen to your wheel well???

i got carjacked a few years ago and they ran over :q:q:q:q and tried to hit me with the car and it was like that when i got it back. not sure but i think it came loose and rubbed the tire as they fled. insurance did a half ass job of getting the car fixed. they tried to drop me and not pay because i had the nitrous system on the car. gayness. i figured its only the fender liner why waste my time on it when i was lucky to get the car back and lucky to get anything fixed at all with a shady insurance company trying to f-me. the only reason they paid is because i went to the office like an hour and a half from my house and met the agent face to face to show him how badly i got beat up and stabbed by 5 guys and he felt so bad he was like "theres nothing to worry about well take care of everything" before that they said i was out of luck.

Bastards!

Did you use star filters for that sig pics?

oh and the comment on the ruff edges, I'm not going to even worry about it, once the CAI is all mounted up you cant see anything..

can you send a PIC of the back of the car..looks like you have interesting look tail pipes??

Members online

Back