New kid with some big aspirations

LINCOLNHATHAWAY11

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am an 18 year old college freshman. I inherited a beautiful 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII from my Mother who, unfortunately, passed away in 2006. I have had my Mark VIII since I received my license, two years ago. Its been with me from Vermont to Colorado and I love it. I have many dreams and aspirations for this car, but many laugh and say it's not worth it. I disagree. So, that being said, I have had a terrible time trying to find certain parts for my car, like new headlights, and/or specifically how to refurbish them. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. Also, with the headlights, I've seen lots of pics throughout the forums of Mark VIII's with headlights that have a clear lens... I want to get some like that on my ride, bad. Thanks! :cool:

sorry to hear about your mom. :(

lights you can (or could at least) get from tasca ford. they cost approximately one billion dollars (i paid like 300 for a set.)
bad97lsc will restore headlights on his time (slow) or sapperfire has told about doing some for extra cash (probably faster).
the clear lens is the HID housing. those are even more pricey. they only came on 1996 mark's with the LSC package. they are around, and are worth pretty much whatever the seller wants.

i'm a college sophomore with big plans. trust me, its worth it. LaserSVT's white car proved that. i like it when they laugh. makes it better when i'm right. :D i'll get there eventually.
pretty much all the parts you could want are around somewhere.

good luck man. use that search button!

:W to :V

Welcome to the forum.
If you like your ride, screw what everyone else says,
Drive it and enjoy yourself.
Bob.

welcome. Good to see another person from co on here.

welcome to lvc. for your head light dilema i can refurb a set for you. i have a stash of headlights at home that i stocked up on so i can refurb them as needed, instead of waiting for people to send me theirs, refurb them, send them back, all this slows down turn around time so now i start sets while the customers are being mailed to me, that way when i get yours in, i simply open the box, stick a refurbed set in the box, mail it back and stick your old ones on the shelf for the next customer. i am no longer cutting the lights open anymore i am seperating the lenses with heat so nothing gets cut anymore and no more chances of a possible moisture leak. they look factory and you'll never know they were ever opened up. if interested shoot me a pm.

Cool, thanks chris2523 for the info and support! BAD97LSC I might take you up on that. I have two questions: Would you be able to get me a set of HID housings from a 96 LSC, and if not, could you adjust the metal dimming bracket, on the low beams, so that I could fit my the HID headlights more easily? And, How much would this run me? Thanks! And Bob Hubbard, I do enjoy my ride, thanks for the confident note! What part of CO are you from stu?

Oh, and another thing... Anyone know where I can find aftermarket grilles and emblems (like blacked out emblems?) If there is such a thing. Thanks!

south of denver

No i cant get you lsc housings but i can make the stock ones look brand new and what are you using for hid bulbs because there should be no reason to do anything inside the light to make them work. As long as they are 9005 based hid's they should work without any headlight modifying. I sent you a pm.

DDM make a nice plug and play HD set up for about $35 .. no need to do anything to housing.

All you need is a good refurbished set or do your own. Welcome ...

Oh and by the way ... and why would it not be worth to put life into your Mark VIII? Friends don't like V-8s

Haha, Thanks mespock, that'a a great point! And stu, we should get together some time and ride the streets, people would be like damn! two white 94 mark VIII's! (Aw :q:q:q:q, there was a glitch in the matrix)

Members online

Back