New here: Question about Grille options

lamb88ert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I purchased an 03' LS8 ultimate within last two weeks. The grille in has a few loose columns and needs replaced.

Ive seen several grilles on your cars....i like the chrome but am questioning quality on some of the items ive seen for sale

E&G Classics - Z Grille...Are these chrome plastic pieces that cover the normal "nonchrome" columns in the grille...or a solid plate? and does it look cheap
(ive not seen any closeups)

LSE Grille - I like the idea of getting this grille, just dont know ill like the car color on the top outline of the grille rather than chrome.
(Question on this....Would it be a very simple install on 2003 LS?)

Id rather pay more $ for an attractive high quality look cheap..just hoping you guys could chime in w/ opinions/experiences...

Thanks
lamb88ert

LSE grille looks great. All grilles fit all years. LSE grille looks a lot better than stock and you'll have the waterfall chrome instead of the surround

The grilles are very easy to install, only 4 little bolts IIRC.

As for options there isn't many. The E&G, T-Rex or perimeter style grilles look pretty terrible IMO, and good luck finding a Mclaren, or a real CDC.

I used to have the same sentiments about losing the top chrome section and really liked my sport grille, but the LSE grew on me after I got it

If you want something different you could try doing an all chrome LSE grille

I definitely feel what you're saying alax, im leaning towards possibly doin the LSE grille.
I love what you did with the mesh grille, you dont have any extras by chance? (of any type)

Bullschmidt: Thanks for link I dont know how I didnt come across that, awesome read that grille looks badass. I'd love to buy one ready to go, i dont think i could handle the constant upset of ordering one pieces.....i already know my luck.

May possibly just get the LSE grille and if by chance I find a regular 2pc I could make an all chrome in the future.. appreciate fast replies

thanks alot guys. thought i responded but never went thru.

I think i may get an LSE grille and then possibly find a regular 2pc later on to make an all chrome (def appreciate that link bullschmidt, idk how i didnt see that! def slick)

I admire the mesh grille you did Alax, dont have any extra grilles by chance?

Welcome Lambert. And by the way, Welcome aboard :Beer

What color is your LS? Miles? Pics? Plans? We need the 411

medium steel blue, 100k, right now id like to get my grille together and make sure everything is running properly. I've always like the LS and knew I'd have one. Im just getting used to the car and getting a feel for it.

Welcome as well.

I actually do have an extra stock grille that I will be putting some mesh on. It's for a member on here, I dont even know if he still wants it though so it might go up for sell

Members online

No members online now.
Back