New here... just got my own Mark!

That's at the top of my to-do list. Don't worry. The rest of the car was beautiful enough to overlook the ugly hitch.
Psh, don't sweat those fools. ;) If you do remove it, I know someone who has been looking for a hitch...

For the record, I looked for and found one, helped Jeremi install it for me, then hauled a trailer 1000 miles from Cape Cod back to Michigan so don't listen to these windbags unless you really don't like it. Now I'm using it to mount a bike rack when necessary instead of putting my trunk lid and paint at risk. :D

Looks clean, I like it, ditch those snowflakes and hitch tho lol, its got some nice potential though!

I think for the time being I may do this with the wheels, paint the inner spokes black, along with the chrome trim on the body like NoLimit was doing... I'm trying to save as much money as possible, so a little paint would suit me better than new wheels for now.

30wheel.jpg

It's a 30th anniversary, MN-12 Cougar wheel... same as the snowflakes.

Last edited:
I think for the time being I may do this with the wheels, paint the inner spokes black, along with the chrome trim on the body like NoLimit was doing... I'm trying to save as much money as possible, so a little paint would suit me better than new wheels for now.

30wheel.jpg

Welcome to the board! You have one seriously nice Mark there! Makes me miss my '96:( And my mom has a 1997 30th anniversary Cougar with those wheels. I put one on the '96 just to see how it would look and it looked very nice. Take good car of that car.

30wheel.jpg

Yeah that wouldn't look bad, either that or just paint the whole insert black and leave the lip brushed aluminum, someone else on here did that to their white 2nd gen and it looked pretty good, I forget what the guys username is, someone can probably help me out with who I'm talking about...try and clean up those spokes with some rubbing compound to make he aluminum nice and bright again, looks like there's some brake dust that's kinda stuck on there.

Welcome I wish my 94 was that clean.I have the same wheels and thought about painting the whole inside black like the Mark VII LSC wheels.I was gonna use the paint you can peel off if it looked like :q:q:q:q.Do paint the chrome trim black it looks so much better black.I left it chrome around the side windows though.

I thought your worthless POS ass was banned. Ed, I wish to engage you in fisticuffs.

Ok I came late to the party..who is this Ed Hall dude and whats with his obsession with trailer hitches on mark viiis?

Ed is someone else's trolling name. I wonder who he really is.

Ok I came late to the party..who is this Ed Hall dude and whats with his obsession with trailer hitches on mark viiis?

he is the guy who put green slime in his airbags and towed a truck with his mark.
and then shows up at the most random of times with comments like above. it has to be a troll. lol.

Members online

No members online now.
Back