new guy with LS ?s

Bubba

New LVC Member
Reaction score
First I love the site. Been looking around a couple of weeks, looks very friendly compared to other sites I have been on, lots of great info. I'm looking to get a new daily driver and have always liked the LS, almost bought one back in 2001. I am looking at a 2006 V8 sport now with just under 50k. I have been reading some LS threads here and seen some of the common problems they have and ways to fix them. Are certain years better problem wise than others. LS owners would you buy another? I will be driving 50 miles a day on the interstate to work. What gas mileage should I expect? Sounds like snow and ice can be a problem? Sorry for so many ?s on the welcome thread. Thanks for any and all answers!
Brian

First I love the site. Been looking around a couple of weeks, looks very friendly compared to other sites I have been on, lots of great info. I'm looking to get a new daily driver and have always liked the LS, almost bought one back in 2001. I am looking at a 2006 V8 sport now with just under 50k. I have been reading some LS threads here and seen some of the common problems they have and ways to fix them. Are certain years better problem wise than others. LS owners would you buy another? I will be driving 50 miles a day on the interstate to work. What gas mileage should I expect? Sounds like snow and ice can be a problem? Sorry for so many ?s on the welcome thread. Thanks for any and all answers!
Brian

I love my 2000 LS8. I would buy another in a heartbeat. they do not handle well in the snow and ice. Need weight in the trunk. At 75mph was getting 24mpg. I have a led foot.:rolleyes:

BTW post up in the LS section. You will get more feedback.:)

I have an 02' v8. Looks and feels great for 150k miles on it. It still gets up when you need the power. I would defenitely buy another one if I can find one at a good price. Gas mileage is not bad. Too bad 91 octane is getting pricy :mad:

Winter

I live in the heart of MN. Snow will be less of a problem with Gen 2s because of the "advanced track" option. Other than that some weight in the trunk and meatier seasonal tires has capped most of the issues i've had. Ive actually had a few "oh sh!t moments" regarding the difference in traction from my mustang (in a good way). I bought my 03' with 57k and have driven it 15k in the last year with no problems. I love this car and absolutely would buy another. Although, gas has recently become a problem as these cars require 91+ and is now at 3.85. At 23 MPG freeway its not much fun haha. The Gen 2s have many less problems then the earlier models, so far the only glitches I've noticed so far are with shifting and I plan on getting an SCT tuner to fix it :)

Hope that helps.

Welcome to the forum :D Ive owned my 2000 ls8 goin on 6yrs and love my car i would absolutely buy another given the chance

:W to :V

The 2006s are the best of all of them.. There are very few problems.. I've never had a problem with snow; including the time were I was pushing a foot and a half of snow.. Just gotta know how to drive in the snow.. :cool:

My heater won't stop putting out heat when I turn the ac on . What could be the problem ? I have an 02 ls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Back