New guy with a '96 LSC

96grimreaper

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself and my LSC.

Just a quick back story, I started shopping for a daily driver after accepting a job that's about 35 miles away from home. Originally was looking at another fox body mustang but decided I wanted something a little more comfortable to drive. A friend suggested the Mark VIII which I never considered so I started digging around. I work very odd hours, split shifts, call outs and court so finding time to car shop was not easy. I had my heart set on a black/black LSC, found one about 15 minutes away from me. I called and before I could get there it was sold. :(

Disappointed, I kept looking. I came across a black/black 96 LSC for sale about 30 minutes away from me. Went and looked at the car and decided I had to have it.

1996 LSC

148k miles
Factory HID's
Sunroof
Air suspension has already been converted to coil overs
Factory Mufflers swapped for flowmasters

Car does have a few minor issues:
1. Steering rack has a slight leak. Steering is still tight, doesn't need replacement but I'll probably replace it for peace of mind.
2. UCA bushings on the passenger side are shot-Easy fix
3. Coolant leak somewhere. Have to add coolant about every 5-6k miles to keep the sensor from letting you know it's low.
4. Paint is faded on roof, trunk and both bumpers

No major plans other than fixing the minor issues and driving the car. My wife made me promise I wouldn't add gears, full exhaust, tune, nitrous etc......lol

Anyway, couple very quick pictures I took after bringing it home last night. I'll fully detail the car this weekend if I have time.

20140528_190314_zpst3kobx9e.jpg

20140528_190335_zps29trcif2.jpg

20140528_190353_zps9x8iy0pk.jpg

20140528_191835_zps1hxezonf.jpg

20140528_190417_zps7tzate9m.jpg

20140528_190618_zpsbldqat0d.jpg

The parents were nice enough to let me leave it in there driveway until I get it tagged. Oh and the reason for the new daily driver........the 12mpg truck.

20140427_132024_zps7b07ac61.jpg

a forum member just sold the car, and here it is, back with us.
its a nice car. good luck.

Good trade off from the gas hog truck. Not only will that car smoke that truck in a race......It has towing capabilities too! lol. :W

. Not only will that car smoke that truck in a race.....
awhile back I sold my extra xcal 3 to a guy with a 7.2 litre turbo diesel expedition, we loaded the stock tune and went for a test drive...unreal, that thing was insane
----
welcome to the o.p., how much coolant are you adding and how often? is it leaving a puddle where you park it? if you end up flushing the system be sure to research the proper way to fill and burp

awhile back I sold my extra xcal 3 to a guy with a 7.2 litre turbo diesel expedition, we loaded the stock tune and went for a test drive...unreal, that thing was insane
----
welcome to the o.p., how much coolant are you adding and how often? is it leaving a puddle where you park it? if you end up flushing the system be sure to research the proper way to fill and burp

Not sure how much coolant it's losing, I've only driven the car about 40 miles and it's not leaving a puddle when parked. Haven't had much time to mess with it yet.

fwiw, on the temp gauge anything between the top and bottom markers is indeed NORMAL, I have two 96s, one gauge will be just below the middle and one gauge will be about 80% to the top, both read about 192-195 degrees F according to my xcal3 livedata

Drove the car around tonight. Some 55mph and some 20-30mph and temp gauge never moved after getting up to operating temp.

Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying the car. Definitely has that luxury feel with plenty of power. The truck loves to drink fuel but it's fun to drive, works like horse and imo looks good doing it.

Tonight I had a couple hours to kill so I decided to clean up the interior. Not bad for her age.
20140601_220657_zpsor2ka8rf.jpg

20140601_220850_zpsrcgd4uzv.jpg

one simple, cheap interior mod is to replace interior bulbs with LED's...inst cluster, dome, door courtesy, under the dash, back seat panels, ash tray, shifter...iirc, they are? sm10 wedge base led's?

Members online

No members online now.
Back