New guy checkin in.

Budderbean

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello folks. My name is Mark...appropriately enough. I own a 92 Mark VII, which was the recent victim of a honda up the tailpipe...which was in fact inserted by a 2008 Tahoe. The car is still driveable and very much fixable. Pre accident she was perfect.

The even better news however is that the Tahoe drivers insurance promptly settled up for the VII...and I took the proceeds and got myself a lovely '96 Cobra in a tuxedo...a.k.a a Mark VIII. I got to keep the VII although her title is now branded...but I am excited about the VIII.

I will post pics soon and dig into the site here for the upgrades I have in mind.
With that thought I may as well start looking here for info. I have found LCM's website..a stable of very nice Marks indeed..but they are on the right coast. I am on the left..upper left in fact, in Longview Washington. I am hoping there are some west coasters here with some more local sources for the go faster stuff I will be looking for.

Plans include, probably from LCM, their Ice Box and the big MAF meter. I will end up cleaning up the air tube myself and going monochromatic under the hood, body color most likely. (The pearl tan/white color, I am sure someone will let me the know the true name of the color) I want to do away with the beauty covers as they hide the true beauty underneath.

Exhaust is high on my list and the camps seem divided. Mufflers or no? I had JUST installed some Flowmaster 40's on the VII prior to the hondaectomy which pretty much mangled the ass end of the poor ol VII. I have seen folks pretty much universally doing away with the mid cat..but I see anything from straight pipes there to one or even 2 x-pipes. What are the benefits of 2? Does anyone make em for purchase? I can make some myself I reckon but I wouldn't think those would cost a ton to buy. Anyone have some audio of some series 40 Flowmasters on their VIII?

I also have access to, for a nice price more then likely..a Cobra intake and his old performance chip. A friend from school just popped a Kenne Bell grin getter on his 97 'Stang. Will I gain a noticable influx of power from those items or does the VIII flow nice enough with the intake it has?

This is just the start..and my plans are ambitious what with me still having 6 months of college to go before I get back into the work force...SNORT. (Hopefully the jobs are there dammit.)

I am bracing myself for some input.

Good to be onboard here. Thanks for listening.

Search button works wonders.

Have found almost all my answers elsewhere on the forums. Thanks to Geno at LMS for exhaust info. Its on my list..and hopefully soon.

Welcome to LvC!

A chip from a 97 Cobra is no good for a 96 Mark VIII, so don't bother buying that from the guy.

depending on whether you have a gen 1 or a gen 2 the cobra intake wont work without a lot of mods. the gen 1 is not worth doing it to. i have a gen 1 (93-96) and have researched this.

Members online

No members online now.
Back